SiouxSports.com Forum

lamoreaux

kip

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They're should be no goalie controvery. Lamoreaux can steal games. Greico is still very unpredictable.

phil is the #1 for sure, never said there was a controversy in my above post. my point was grieco is 3-0-1 and thats the bottom line. how is grieco unpredictble when he has played 4 career games?? phil is not proven either so that could go both ways. as i mentioned in the first sentence, phil is #1 and i sure hope he gets healthy and back in the lineup vs alaska. i really want to see what he can do with a full season, its just nice to have a backup that has won some games and that has gained valuable wcha road and home experience.

They're should be no goalie controvery. Lamoreaux can steal games. Greico is still very unpredictable.

An important thing to remember is how much your team scores for you as well. We can debate why this is all day long, but the team is average 4.5 goals per game for Grieco and only 3 goals per game for lamoreaux. The goalies have no control over this but it is something to take into consideration.

I am in disagreement about the goalie situation, there is a goalie controversy because Grieco hasn't lost in 4 games. That being said there is only a controversy because lamoreaux is letting there be one. It is the same problem that had him lose his playing time to parise the last two years, it doesn't matter if a goalie can steal one game if he lets in 6 goals the next game. Everyone knows that Lammy hasn't been himself this year and it is kinda curious why, his numbers have dropped off, and there is a controversy because a save percentage of .899 is unacceptable and needs improvement. It is still lammy's job for now but if grieco keeps on winning and playing well on a consistent basis like he did against st. cloud then it'll be intersting to see what happens.

I think parise said it best with his quote last year during the season when he said " if you see me make a spectacular diving save, its because i was out of position." I feel that applies here, and lammy has been making way to many of those lately, there great to see but when your a smalller goalie like lammy is positioning is even more important because you have more space to cover.

i want phil to start but really am confident either way :blush: the other thing is our goals per game are down when phil was in probably because we played 2 of the BEST teams in the nation and neither of those teams give up many goals overall. but, with that saying, the trend last year was that we didnt give phil much support when he was in net. is there something to this?? maybe but what the hell would it be if there was?? so either way lets have 2 good weeks of opractice and get 4 more points in alaska!!

do we for sure know the injury, i was told something from a "credible" source that would be plausible

the sioux along with many other teams DON'T report the specifics of injuries as they do not have to. you will only here usually a upper body or lower body injury for a player.

Personally, I don't care who's in goal, as long as we can WIN!!!! From what I've seen so far, Grieco's been doing good and so has Phil, so I guess we'll see... Hopefully whoever's in net can get some D from the guys, and maybe our team can stop getting so many penalties cuz that would help too!!

GO FIGHTING SIOUX!!!

i want phil to start but really am confident either way :blush: the other thing is our goals per game are down when phil was in probably because we played 2 of the BEST teams in the nation and neither of those teams give up many goals overall. but, with that saying, the trend last year was that we didnt give phil much support when he was in net. is there something to this?? maybe but what the hell would it be if there was?? so either way lets have 2 good weeks of opractice and get 4 more points in alaska!!

Same here.

Here's the pros for Grieco:

1. Size. He's a bigger goaltender and can therefore cover more space.

2. Has yet to lose a game.

3. 4.5 gpg in support

4. Seems to have a good eye for the puck

5. Good sense of anticipation

Here's the cons for Grieco:

1. Only 4 career games.

2. Only games are against MSU Mankato and SCSU. SCSU is a pretty good opponent, but they aren't UW, Maine, or Minnesota

3. Not yet a game stealing goaltender. Relies heavily upon the defense, especially on the penalty kill.

Here's the pros for Lamoureaux:

1. More experienced goaltender

2. Good lateral movement

3. Fast

4. Pretty solid when down in the butterfly

5. Higher accolades in a tougher league than Grieco

Cons for Lamoureaux

1. Can easily get out of position (relies upon the "spectacular" save)

2. Aggressive (can be both pro and con, really)

3. Can be hot or cold. When hot, he's unbeatable (UW series). When not...

4. Poor goal support

Phil is still the #1 goaltender, no doubt about it. However, Grieco has proven 3 things thus far (so far):

1. Hakstol (or whomever it was who recruited Grieco) knew what he was looking at (scoff if you will, but let's not forget some of the goaltending busts that have suited up for us in the past)

2. Grieco is a competant goaltender and a good alternative to Phil

3. Grieco will provide Phil with a solid image in his rear view mirror. If he doesn't play at his best, Grieco could usurp his #1 standing.

Also, I think UAA is a great way to bring Phil back. Good opponent, but not top tier.

1. Hakstol (or whomever it was who recrutied Grieco ) knew what he was looking at (scoff if you will, but let's not forget some of the goaltending busts that have suited up for us in the past)

I think Ed Belfour should be able to recognize a goaltender when he sees one. :blush:

Your not the guy by chance that thought Walski is better than Grieco over on Brad's blog are you? :blush:

I am not sure what Grieco would have to do in a game to make some happy, :huh: I have seen some of these rediculous comments unpredictable... Grecio has won three games and gotten a tie, that 7 out of 8 possible points. Its not like his name is Shane Connelly from Wisconsin who has a .758 saver percentage, now that guy is unpredictable and not very good. Grecio has played good in the games I saw him. Also he had a 94% save percentage over the two games.

The guy let three goals all weekend. SCSU isn't exactly a hack team either. I suppose Grieco would have had to pitch two shut outs for some to say that he had an ok weekend. In case some of you guys haven't been watching Phil hasn't played all that well his last two times out. It would appear that Phil might have to earn his playing time.