SiouxSports.com Forum

Toews

bullkirk

I'll give ya a definite possibility of a for-sure maybe, or not.

you forgot maybe not...i personally think he will play on saturday(only because hak said probable), i am not optomistic because hes playing with a no hit jersey 2 days before gameday.

from brad

http://www.areavoices.com/undhockey/

Thursday's update

Yellow jersey gone, green jersey on.

Jonathan Toews shed the no-hit jersey and practiced with contact today. Expect to see him on the ice this weekend.

It's very unlikely that Philippe Lamoureux will play this weekend, but he did make a brief on-ice appearance with his pads and blockers on to do some exercises as practice ended.

Coach Dave Hakstol said yesterday that he doesn't expect Rylan Kaip to play tomorrow.

A couple of things to look for:

When Toews got injured, T.J. Oshie moved to center and Hakstol has praised his play in the last three games. Don't be surprised if Toews and Oshie center different lines tomorrow.

Also, Chay Genoway excelled last weekend, totalling four points and his first college goal. He'll likely play up front again and I'd expect him to man the point on one of the power play units, as he did a great job against Mankato.

I like Genoway on the forward line better.

I kinda like the fact that Genoway seems to be just as good at forward as he is a defense. This guy can truly be a lifesaver in several situations such as:

1. Injury relief at any position save goaltender.

2. Taking up the slack should a player get ejected for some reason.

I don't know about his lockerroom behavior, but in 2 to 3 seasons, I wonder if he'll be wearing a letter on his jersey?

I kinda like the fact that Genoway seems to be just as good at forward as he is a defense. This guy can truly be a lifesaver in several situations such as:

1. Injury relief at any position save goaltender.

2. Taking up the slack should a player get ejected for some reason.

I don't know about his lockerroom behavior, but in 2 to 3 seasons, I wonder if he'll be wearing a letter on his jersey?

That's certainly a good point about his versitility.

My reasoning is that playing forward he can really use his speed and quickness. Those are assets that don't show on every shift when you're on the blue line.

You'd think that with his size he's a great candidate to stick around for all four years. The talents certainly there for the NHL.