SiouxSports.com Forum

New Recruit for the Sioux

Chris

i have to say i get real tired of people complaining about not getting good enough recruits... and uw and umtc fans saying that UND is lagging...anyway. i am optomistic on cichy coming here. and yes that is awesome to see some hot talent committing

Agreed and I also get tired of hearing people complain about local players and sons of former players who aren't signed. In order to hang more banners the Sioux have to go and get the best available talent and I am satisified that this is exactly what is taking place.

Kristo, Malone, and now Cichy in just a 2-3 month timeframe. To those lurking who thought that Hak's ability to recruit was lacking, I wonder if the tune is changing.

Sure, Cichy might not show up. Time will tell, but that's the case with any young high profile recruit.

An additional point of interest. Check out how the Sioux recruiting footprint is changing (enlarging?). Instead of just a BCHL/USHL focus, now there are kids coming from eastern prep bkds (Malone and Hextall), and a couple of kids from the US development program. Malone and Hextall are now in juniors, but came from out east, and we haven't seen those types of bkds come through the UND program very much. We haven't had many out of the USNTDP program.

Good work by Hakstol and the coaches. Keep 'em coming.

And just think we were getting put down on our recruiting classes by many of the bloggers not that long ago.

Which is why I chose to ignore thosee other blogs. Haven't you noticed that their "on paper" claims never seem to translate into proportional success. ;)

Just look at the regionals last season: On paper and on tv the pundents said there is no way that lowly Holy Cross will beat the mighty goofers. Well that was shot out of the water. That is why they play the games on the ice and not on the paper.

Just look at the regionals last season: On paper and on tv the pundents said there is no way that lowly Holy Cross will beat the mighty goofers. Well that was shot out of the water. That is why they play the games on the ice and not on the paper.

Also, it is quite difficult to skate on paper... ;)

I'm just impressed that we're getting recruits from all over the place.

Soon, we'll have players from as far east as New Brunswick and Connecticut, from as far South as Georgia, and from as far west as California and Alaska!

So much for just the usual of High School, USHL, and BCHL recruiting triangles. ;)

Soon, we'll have players from as far east as New Brunswick and Connecticut, from as far South as Georgia, and from as far west as California and Alaska!

So much for just the usual of High School, USHL, and BCHL recruiting triangles. :)

hopefully UND can start to pick up some big names recruits from the nhl too ;):lol:

i agree, its cool to see UND getting wealth from all over

So much for just the usual of High School, USHL, and BCHL recruiting triangles. ;)

UND Fighting Sioux Hockey -- America's Team!