SiouxSports.com Forum

Rutgers STILL unbeaten!

SiouxMeNow

Even if we beat Cincinnati,Syracuse, and West Virginia, there are a lot of one loss teams like Florida,Texas,Southern Cal, and Auburn who would probably get the nod ahead of Rutgers. The funny thing around here is that we don't really care. Everyone is just glad that we have come out of the wilderness. I don't think the NCAA has time to figure out a way to have a 16 or 8 team playoff system. They are too busy trying to figure out ways to take freedom of speech away from North Dakota and other universities :D

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even if we beat Cincinnati,Syracuse, and West Virginia, there are a lot of one loss teams like Florida,Texas,Southern Cal, and Auburn who would probably get the nod ahead of Rutgers. The funny thing around here is that we don't really care. Everyone is just glad that we have come out of the wilderness. I don't think the NCAA has time to figure out a way to have a 16 or 8 team playoff system. They are too busy trying to figure out ways to take freedom of speech away from North Dakota and other universities :D

I agree with that & furthermore I agree with the NC$$ being to bloody busy figuring out ways to take away freedom of speech also. If you really want to know something odd is that the NCAA, doesn't want another 1984. For those who can remember that far back & hey i'm in my 50's can remember that far back for me that's amazing itself. Anyway in 1984 BYU won the national championship in D-1 football that year what' really made the NCAA red-face about that was they won the national championship before XMAS that year thus made the New Year's day bowls more/less meanless. You can call that somewhat of a little history less there. If you ask me they don't want schools like Rutgers who go unbeaten in something like the national championship game in the BCS. Then again that's my take on this as for us bearly getting by South Carolina, & I do mean Barely getting by in the words of the late John McKay it's going to take them 6 months the get rid of the odor in that place because we stunk up the joint.

SIOUX FAN SINCE 1973

Rutgers got a lot of help today with Texas, Cal, and Auburn going down.

that is good news! Hey JF&R! Enjoy this my friend...you guys are having a season for the ages in a division that only worships the mighty $$$ and not a true playoff champion. The game last thursday was one of the best big-time college games I've ever watched and Ang and I were whooping it up around the house like we do for Sioux games...so where were you sitting and what was the crowd? ESPN announced it as a record but didn't give any numbers??

#7 IN THE NATION!!!!!

I am shocked they ranked us this high. It is hard to describe what we are going through here. If the Fighting Sioux played hockey for 137 years and only went to the NCAA's twice and most other seasons won about 8-9 games, imagine how your state would be reacting if you were having an undefeated season and every game was on ESPN. That is where we are right now. No one wants the dream season to end. As for my seats, I sit about 15 rows from the field on the 47. This is pretty much where I have sat since I got season tickets in 1983. I was two years-old that year :D

GO RUTGERS AND NORTH DAKOTA--CONTINUE THE GREAT SEASONS!!!!

#7 IN THE NATION!!!!!

I am shocked they ranked us this high. It is hard to describe what we are going through here. If the Fighting Sioux played hockey for 137 years and only went to the NCAA's twice and most other seasons won about 8-9 games, imagine how your state would be reacting if you were having an undefeated season and every game was on ESPN. That is where we are right now. No one wants the dream season to end. As for my seats, I sit about 15 rows from the field on the 47. This is pretty much where I have sat since I got season tickets in 1983. I was two years-old that year :D

wow! Great seats! SEE I told you guys I saw him on the ESPN broadcast...he was the one wearing red!! :D

#7 IN THE NATION!!!!!

I never thought I would see the day rutgers was ranked in football let alone the top 10. If they can win out they have a decent shot at getting in to the title game. I can't believe i'm saying that. Congrats to them. The only problem is alot of top tens play each other so the winner might leapfrog them but it could happen.

Now I remember what it was like in the pre Brian Leonard and Ray Rice days-both were injured during the game. With both of them playing hurt, it was up to our QB who threw four interceptions and when he did hit our guys the receivers dropped the passes. For the first time this year, we had very little pass rush which meant that the weakest part of the team,our secondary, was on center stage. As mush as I didn't like losing last night, everyone around here is still VERY happy with nine wins and two games to go. Three or four years ago, we would have lost that game 56-0.

GO NORTH DAKOTA--BEAT NEBRASKA-OMAHA!

GO RUTGERS--BEAT SYRACUSE!

Now I remember what it was like in the pre Brian Leonard and Ray Rice days-both were injured during the game. With both of them playing hurt, it was up to our QB who threw four interceptions and when he did hit our guys the receivers dropped the passes. For the first time this year, we had very little pass rush which meant that the weakest part of the team,our secondary, was on center stage. As mush as I didn't like losing last night, everyone around here is still VERY happy with nine wins and two games to go. Three or four years ago, we would have lost that game 56-0.

GO NORTH DAKOTA--BEAT NEBRASKA-OMAHA!

GO RUTGERS--BEAT SYRACUSE!

BUMMER! I only caught the last few minutes and was pretty suprised so I thought something had happened. How bad is Rice's injury?

Brian Leonard tweeked a hamstring,but should play saturady against Syracuse. My guess is that if we get a decent lead,he will be spotted by true freshman fullback Jack Corcoran. Ray Rice is said to be limping a bit because of te heavy workload he has had for the team. Again, I hope we will get a lead and true freshman Kordell Young will get a fair amount of playing. In my thirty years of watching Rutgers football, I don't ever remember seeing a back with the moves Young has shown in his limited playing time. Hope he will have some great years coming up.

GO FIGHTING SIOUX--BEAT NEBRASKA-OMAHA!

GO SCARLET KNIGHTS--BEAT SYRACUSE!

Brian Leonard tweeked a hamstring,but should play saturady against Syracuse. My guess is that if we get a decent lead,he will be spotted by true freshman fullback Jack Corcoran. Ray Rice is said to be limping a bit because of te heavy workload he has had for the team. Again, I hope we will get a lead and true freshman Kordell Young will get a fair amount of playing. In my thirty years of watching Rutgers football, I don't ever remember seeing a back with the moves Young has shown in his limited playing time. Hope he will have some great years coming up.

GO FIGHTING SIOUX--BEAT NEBRASKA-OMAHA!

GO SCARLET KNIGHTS--BEAT SYRACUSE!

I would agree that 100&.

GO FIGHTING SIOUX BEAT NEBRASKA_OMAHA

GO SCARLET KNIGHTS -- BEAT SYRACUSE

AND I SAVE THE BEST FOR LAST.

GO GATORS CHOMP THOSE DAMN SEMINOLES.