SiouxSports.com Forum

winning record of bison opponents

snaggles

With the bison playing there 8th game this week against some utah team who has a losing record like all the other teams the bison have played, the question is this. Is there any other team in the country, other than the bison, where all the opponents played do not have a winning record? This is just a curious question that would be interesting to find out. I have heard alot of bison fans say this is there toughest schedule ever. This is hard to believe since none of the bison opponents so far, including this weekend, has a winning record. With this said, the bison are a hect of a team who out played the gophers on saturday, and I give them alot of credit for that accomplishment.

I see the Bison play another team this upcoming week that doesn't have a winning record. That is incredible that this late in the year that a team hasn't played anybody with a winning record. That definitely has to be some kind of a record on it's own. NDSU isn't advertising that record though.

It's hard to believe that MSV could of beaten anybody . I talked to people at the game and they said Mississippi Valley was awful. They were clearly one of the worst teams the Bison played this year. They weren't a winning team when the Bison played them though. I guess for the time being NDSU can hang there hat on Mississippi Valley. MSV might be back to a sub 500 team when the dust settles on this season.

I can't believe there is all this talk of the NDSU football on a UND message board.

Like has already been stated, you can't predict who will be good or not any given year. Looking at their schedule, they have 2 for sure, maybe 3, that will be at .500 or better. This is the tough part of their schedule, even though 2 of the games are at home. Also, Georgia Southern is predominantly a play-off team, having been in the play-offs 5 out of the last 6 if my math is correct. This year, 4 of their losses have been by 7points or less, with NDSU the only team that beat them soundly. That's the way a season goes sometimes. I could look at their other opponents too, but it's not worth my time because people will just counter my point.

Bottom Line: You Play The Hand You Are Dealt.

I can't believe there is all this talk of the NDSU football on a UND message board.

Like has already been stated, you can't predict who will be good or not any given year. Looking at their schedule, they have 2 for sure, maybe 3, that will be at .500 or better. This is the tough part of their schedule, even though 2 of the games are at home. Also, Georgia Southern is predominantly a play-off team, having been in the play-offs 5 out of the last 6 if my math is correct. This year, 4 of their losses have been by 7points or less, with NDSU the only team that beat them soundly. That's the way a season goes sometimes. I could look at their other opponents too, but it's not worth my time because people will just counter my point.

Bottom Line: You Play The Hand You Are Dealt.

Absolutely true. It would take a monumental genius of a scheduler to go out and find teams that you could predict would be having down years, bad breaks, bad luck, or any of the other factors that determine won/loss record.

As far as another team, you didn't specify division but Tiffon is 7-0 or 8-0 with only one team, Hillsdale at 4-4, that doesn't have a losing record. You can look at www.d2football.com and there is some interesing information on its opponents under the GLIAC section. As Dave noted, NDSU's schedule did look tough to begin with and UND knows something about how an oppontent can appear to be strong but turn out weak by looking at the year they scheduled and played Mesa who turned out to be terrible that year but was good the year before.

Mississippi Valley State went to 5-4 over the weekend.

It's the only over-0.500 they've played so far.

Get a life. Give the petty crap a rest. Were you even a student at UND the last time NDSU/UND played? I'd love to see you beat Ball State and almost beat Minnesota both games on the road. To be discounting NDSU's schedule is crap when you play the likes of Augustana and barely beat them. On that note, I'll be a level headed individual and say NDSU's women's basketball team recently lost an exhibition game against MSU-Moorhead at the BSA. Does that mean NDSU women's basketball schedule is weak and that their team is even more weak? :lol: Its quite a hasty generalization you are making. Why don't you concern yourself more with your super strong Sioux schedule. Its seems to be plenty challenging for UND. I can only imagine what NDSU would do against that schedule.

Mississippi Valley State went to 5-4 over the weekend.

It's the only over-0.500 they've played so far.

You're pathetic. The Bison would roll through the current Sioux schedule...week in and week out would be the likes of 58-3 blowouts with the dogs called off after halftime. Now why don't you do this board a favor and let go of the petty UND/NDSU comparisons. This is Siouxsports.com, not Bisonsports.com! Thank you.

As much as I dislike the Bison, I have to say in all fairness to them that their schedule appeared to be pretty strong before the season started. How were they to know all of those supposedly good teams would be as bad as they are? Having said that, we really don't know how good the Bison are. It's too bad they aren't eligible for the D1-AA playoffs. It would be interesting to see how they do against somebody good like Northern Iowa or Youngstwon State.

Thanks for the objectivity DaveK. Others on this board sure could use a dose of humility and objectivity.

With both at 7-1, which school has played the tougher schedule?

Let's go to an objective source: Massey.

School StrOfSchedule*

UND 132

NDSU 171

Thanks for coming out. Johnny, tell 'im his parting gifts.

* smaller number means more difficult schedule, UC-Berkeley ("Cal") is 1.

You're pathetic. The Bison would roll through the current Sioux schedule...week in and week out would be the likes of 58-3 blowouts with the dogs called off after halftime. Now why don't you do this board a favor and let go of the petty UND/NDSU comparisons. This is Siouxsports.com, not Bisonsports.com! Thank you.
Ummm... you do realize that your post is smack and his wasn't, right? He was pointing out that the unusual statistical anomaly was coming to an end as one of NDSU's opponents rose over .500, whereas you jumped all over him with the thread's first:

* personal attack

* off-topic mention of UND

* smack against perceived slight to NDSU with off-topic unfavorable comparison to UND

Be careful in that glass house. That said, I think this thread's legitimacy as a discussion of NDSU's peculiar schedule has ended, it's hard to imagine anything but smack from here out... Complaints will be entertained in the usual space.