SiouxSports.com Forum

Four Refs

WiSioux

I'm impressed that this past weekend only saw one injury and how it happened was unclear.

With Adam on the ice, I wouldn't have been too shocked to see, perhaps, a stretcher being pulled onto the ice. :D

Sadly, its happened before. :)

Denver 2, North Dakota 1

Non-Conference Game

Friday, March 18, 2005 at Xcel Energy Center (Att: 13132)

You mean to tell me Sheppard has a full time job in the WCHA screwing up the officating?

Shamefull.

Yup. McLeod, in his infinite wisdom, thought that the reason why officiating lapsed enough so that the Paukovich thing could happen was that there wasn't enough supervision of the officials.

Now, hold on, that idea in itself is a GOOD POINT. However, that point is only half remedied. Greg now observes and managers the officials on a full time basis. He doesn't do very well, but he's doing it full time.

A good example of this would be like having Carrottop step in to be the Chief Operations Officer of Microsoft (or any really large corporation). Sure, you have a warm body in the position full time, but is it just a warm body or is it someone who knows what he's doing?

Based on what people have said I won't argue that Greg can officiate a decent game. That's not the qualm I have with him. But being able to officiate a game and being able to manage officials are two very different things.

If I had to guess, I'd say that Shep probably tells the officials to do one thing one week and when they do that he's ripping the ref because he got a complaint from The Don or someone.

I do believe that the Refs in the WCHA are scared of the big schools Minnesota and Wisconsin and If the Don wants it, it will happen. I will say it now, there was a black heuy circling my house earlier today.