SiouxSports.com Forum

Final Five 2007

Sioux-cia

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure you've been to the final five which is why I'm surprised you think there are 16,000 gopher fans there. The place seats about 18,000 and UND always brings a few thousand, so does Wisconsin and St. Cloud. I bet it's much closer to 12,000 gopher fans than 16,000. When the Gophers opponent scores no matter who it is it's usually pretty loud in there with all the combined fans of other teams cheering against them. No way is there 16,000 Gopher fans out of the 18,000 IMO.

Do the same people get Final Five tickets each year or does the league use a lottery system?

If you had the ticket package last year, you get preference this year, etc. However, I believe there are plenty of seats for first time buyers, whether it be 5 game packages or individual. I've bought packages for probably 7-8 years now so I'm not sure on that last part.

Great point. Now can we put the rest the lame "home ice advantage" for the Gophers every year at the Final 5?? :) I don't know why other fans complain, (just to complain about the Gophers I guess) the proof is stated above. Xcel doesn't help the Gophers win. They haven't won a single game in the last 2 Final Fives.

I think the point has less to do with the Gophers and more to do with fairness for the team who won the play-in game the previous night.

Fellow Sioux Fans -- Calm Down re: Gophers must play on Friday night at the Final 5 for TV ratings.

Don't you realize that when the Sioux play in the afternoon semi-final game on Friday, they get 8+ hours more rest than the Gophers for the title game, if the Gophers actually win.

Why it may hurt our feelings the Gophers get all the TV attention, it's a better situation for the team to play Fri afternoon than Fri evening.

While that is all true enough, its more fun to rag on the Gophers. :)

Think of how many FF titles the SIOUX would have won with home ice advantage.

I think the point has less to do with the Gophers and more to do with fairness for the team who won the play-in game the previous night.

We solved this problem last season. We simply MUST have the Gophers win the McNaughton and earn the Friday evening tilt. :)

We solved this problem last season. We simply MUST have the Gophers win the McNaughton and earn the Friday evening tilt. :(

Good point. It's much more fun to watch the Gophers blow the Friday night game anyways, then have to come back at 2:00 pm for the Saturday 3rd place game. :)