SiouxSports.com Forum

Oct 9th polls are out!

Sioux-Hockey-Fan

hopefully this weekend we can rack up two BIG wins against the W and move WAY up in these polls. i think with so many key players leaving the W they are gonna be too hard pressed to be consistent on offense, and defense as well, but more on offense, with their top 5 scorers leaving this year. i think they will let last year get into their minds and get distracted by the banner raising and wont focus on how tough an offense they have against thiem this weekend. with so many good players back this year for the sioux, despite who DID leave, i think we have a good chance to rack up some goals on elliot. all in all, i think it will be a close weekend, but i think the sioux will pull out 2 wins, esp if jones and finley are back in the lineups.

I just noticed that the Oct 9th USCHO and USA/Today polls are out. I realize it is early, but still interesting.

USCHO link http://www.uscho.com/rankings/ sioux are 5th

USA/Today link http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/hockey/usatmen.htm Sioux are 4th

Love to see them goofs drop!!

Not that any of this matters, BUT, I see that Colgates #1 vote went to Vermont. Somebody strip this fools voting rights.

Not that any of this matters, BUT, I see that Colgates #1 vote went to Vermont. Somebody strip this fools voting rights.

EXACTLY, polls, shmolls....they only mean a damn thing in the pairwise in the last 3rd of the season

Someone please explain to me how these polls work?!?!?!?

I know it's on a voting system, but BC has not played a game yet and they are number 1? Sioux have won two and are 5th?

Seems like a ass backwards poll if you ask me

Quite simple actually, these polls exist so that schools outside of the WCHA don't develop an inferiority complex.

I know it's on a voting system, but BC has not played a game yet and they are number 1? Sioux have won two and are 5th?

A bunch of people sit in a smoke filled room with poor lighting and pontificate on who should be ranked where. There is no scientific method to ranking the teams at all. Its a beauty contest. Looks good but has no meaning to it. The RPI is the one that matters.

The bigger farce is that Cornell is ranked in the top 15 teams every season without ever playing a game and that is besides the fact that they lost some big players (Mckee and two talented underclassmen) after last season was over. The fact is that Cornell or the EZAC gets way too much love in the rankings is obscene when it is evident that the EZAC is a weak league. One funnier is the fact that Colgate is the pre-season concensus pick this season. Yikes.

The bigger farce is that Cornell is ranked in the top 15 teams every season without ever playing a game and that is besides the fact that they lost some big players (Mckee and two talented underclassmen) after last season was over. The fact is that Cornell or the EZAC gets way too much love in the rankings is obscene when it is evident that the EZAC is a weak league. One funnier is the fact that Colgate is the pre-season concensus pick this season. Yikes.

Oh common, Goon!

Don't tell me you haven't heard of .... uh... that winger guy on Colgate! And their goalie uh..whatshisface is supposed to be simply top notch! :D