SiouxSports.com Forum

Ranfranz gets the start

nodakvindy

I like this decision. Hopefully he can play well, and Siembida had a good week of practice at home, continuing to work with Craig Parry. If Siembida can fight his urge to flop like a halibut, he can be very solid.

I like a Ranfranz/Siembida combo.

Halibut, I recently used the anology like a Muskey out of water, flopping around. Or a berbut the fish you catch when your ice fishing, it comes flying out of the hole flopps and slides around all over the place.

Lets go Ranny make some more big saves...

I say stick with Ranfranz!!! I think Blais should sit him down in the office, explain to him that he is the go-to guy for the remainder of the season, and let-er-buck! I would have to say that he proved himself worthy of the shot! He made more saves this game than...not saying any two names.....saw(in shots) the entire game in a loss to MTU. If I recall right, and someone let me know, so far Ranfranz has done nothing but good with his time in the crease. Just imagine if he had the assurance that he would be starting a couple of consecutive games. I don't know.....just thinking that this could be a positive change at this point?:)? :(:(:(:(

I saw the Ranfranz family before the game. Tom Ranfranz told me they were hoping he was given a chance in net. Apparantly, he didn't get the nod til they got to the Arena. He played an awesome game, got the #3 star. Dubie from DU also played a spectacular game. Seemed to come down to the (un)lucky bounce of the puck.

It was a great game, unfortunately the Sioux couldn't slip a couple more by the Denver goalie. Ranfranz should hold his head high. It was so much fun watching him wave his arms in the air trying encouraging the DU and UND fans to make more noise. Even when the puck was in the attack zone, Rafranz seemed poised for a save! Mr. Ranfranz told me that his son loves to play hockey at UND and tells everyone on the team to enjoy EVERY moment of being a Fighting Sioux! Even with the loss, I hope his enthusiasm encourages the team into the playoffs.