SiouxSports.com Forum

TV Schedule

Sioux Hockey Fanatic

Has anyone seen a schedule for which games will be televised? I am hoping to see the WCHA season opener between UND and UW Oct 13 &14. Will the Fighting Sioux Sports Network be carrying that game?

Hopefully Joe Sensors will be able to get a better picture and sound at both locations this year.

It'll be on FSN alternate with Wisco announcers

So is that a no?

It will not be on the Fighting Sioux Sports Network. No away games this year. I have DirecTV sportspak that is how I get FSN alternate which is the Wisconsin version of Fox Sports North. It is only on when Wisconsin is playing. I don't know if Sensors can get this or not. If they have the Sportspak they should be able to get it. But I think there are rules that bars must follow when showing out-of-market games. You'd have to check with them to find out for sure.

Can you elaborate for those of us who also have satellite and are very interested in being able to see the Sioux hockey away games?

What kind of satellite do you have? Iceberg, I think, is referring to Free-To-Air satellite that picks up all kinds of different "feeds". Wisconsin away games happen to be one of those feeds that it picks up. It isn't really on a specific channel you would look for, but you would have to scan for it. It is different than DirecTV or Dish Network and takes different equipment, which Joe Sensors and alot of sports bars around the country do have.

If you have DirectTV satellite in your home and subscribe to the "SportsPak", there are 7 sioux games that will definately be carried on that system this year. The series at Wisconsin, the series in GF against Wisconsin, the series at Minnesota, and the Friday game at Denver. They are all on regional Fox Sports Net channels that you get with the "SportsPak". I don't know for sure but I believe Dish Network has a similar package that will give you the same thing, however it could be just the Minnesota and Denver games.

If you have a Free-To-Air system, you could possibly get all of these games, a few others, plus every UND home game for sure.

What kind of satellite do you have? Iceberg, I think, is referring to Free-To-Air satellite that picks up all kinds of different "feeds". Wisconsin away games happen to be one of those feeds that it picks up.

I recently put up a motorized FTA system with the primary goal of watching Sioux Hockey games. I had read Wisconsin away games are on FTA, but I am thinking the Oct13th and Oct14th games are a home game for Wisconsin :silly:

One correction, if you live in the FSN region (MN, Wisco, ND, SD), and have directtv or dish, FSN and it's alternate are your regional fox sports stations, and you do not need the sports pak to get them.
I do have dish network and live in MN, but currently only have america's top 60 which does not include FSN. In fact we have been toying with cancelling dish network entirely, but I am trying to get a feel for whether I will be able to find most of the games on FTA, or if I should opt for keeping dish network and upgrading to include FSN (and would get the alternates as well).

If you have a Free-To-Air system, you could possibly get all of these games, a few others, plus every UND home game for sure.

That is what I am wrestling with.

One correction, if you live in the FSN region (MN, Wisco, ND, SD), and have directtv or dish, FSN and it's alternate are your regional fox sports stations, and you do not need the sports pak to get them.

That's right, but for anyone who lives out of the region the sportspak will give you the main FSN North and the alternate.

I recently put up a motorized FTA system with the primary goal of watching Sioux Hockey games. I had read Wisconsin away games are on FTA, but I am thinking the Oct13th and Oct14th games are a home game for Wisconsin ;)

I do have dish network and live in MN, but currently only have america's top 60 which does not include FSN. In fact we have been toying with cancelling dish network entirely, but I am trying to get a feel for whether I will be able to find most of the games on FTA, or if I should opt for keeping dish network and upgrading to include FSN (and would get the alternates as well).

That is what I am wrestling with.

Here is what you can regularly expect to find on FTA.........Thanks Iceberg! :D

No other college hockey teams have an extensive FTA schedule as the Sioux but on a motorized, you will see the following WCHA teams

-Most of the Wisconsin games on FSN North are on FTA. Satellites vary

-The MN away games are usually on FTA. There are some exceptions

-All UMD televised away games are on FTA unless they

One option is DataFlix. While the quality isn't the best and their customer service is suspect at times, it does allow you to watch every game.

I've purchased season passes before and enjoyed it. It doesn't come without headaches though.

sorry. SHould have been a little more clearer

If you have satellite (dish or directv) and live in the FSN North area, you do not need the multisports pack to get FSN Wisconsin (only up for games). If you are out of the area (MN, ND, SD, WI) now this is where its fuzzy as I have heard both, you still do not need the multisports pack to see the Wisco games. College hockey is not blacked out. I know I have seen other colege sports on the alternate channels with just the regular package and not the multi sport (this is with DIsh Network).

As for the FTA games, those 2 games against Wisco probably will be up there too. Wisconsin usually does beam them up via satellite so we MIGHT be able to get the games against the Sioux. Not guaranteeing anything.

Can you elaborate for those of us who also have satellite and are very interested in being able to see the Sioux hockey away games?

This year the only way to see some of the road games is if the opposing team has it on their FSN (as Wisco, MN, and sometimes Denver do) or if the FTA'ers luck out and find it.