SiouxSports.com Forum

Winona State at UND

Air Force One

BTW, interesting score out west: C Washington 21, (I-AA) E. Washington 14

Is that the final?

That would be something if we beat a I-AA team and a team that also beat a I-AA team this year. Eastern Washington is perennially the the second or third best Big Sky school in the conference each year.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that the final?

That would be something if we beat a I-AA team and a team that also beat a I-AA team this year. Eastern Washington is perennially the the second or third best Big Sky school in the conference each year.

Yahoo is reporting it as final: Big SKy scores.

If I'm not mistaken, CWU is well below the NCC's scholarship limits and around 1/3rd of EWU's levels, making CWU's win all the more impressive. CWU may very well be in a chase for a post-season berth.

Yahoo is reporting it as final: Big SKy scores.

If I'm not mistaken, CWU is well below the NCC's scholarship limits and around 1/3rd of EWU's levels, making CWU's win all the more impressive. CWU may very well be in a chase for a post-season berth.

Maybe it's just me, but it seems a lot more I-AA teams are getting "upset" by D-II teams. Let us not forget that by my count two DI teams have been upset by Di-AA teams.

This year will NOT be a repeat of last year; they'll keep improving, trust me. :angry::lol: Seriously, though, the intangibles with these team seem better: i.e. comeback against Central Washington and the drives against UNI.

I agree that this year won't be like last year. In the postgame Grandpa Enger said something about them taking the games one at a time this year. It was the same only thing that is always said, but the way he said it was different. He said it because he meant it and seemed to elude to last year and that one particular game.

Either UND is really, really, really good or Winona is highly overrated. I think it's probably a little of both, as the Sioux have a helluva offense and a pretty good defense but Winona really wasn't anything special. I think they'd likely go 1-5 or 2-4 in the NCC.

Either UND is really, really, really good or Winona is highly overrated. I think it's probably a little of both, as the Sioux have a helluva offense and a pretty good defense but Winona really wasn't anything special. I think they'd likely go 1-5 or 2-4 in the NCC.

The score = no offense and the # of sacks = no defense.