SiouxSports.com Forum

RE: Jessica Kielpinski

wnaegele

Lobos Get Help From Old Friend

By Mike Hall

Associate Sports Editor

The Albuquerque Journal

If Jessica Kielpinski ends up in a University of New Mexico uniform next season, give much of the credit to Katie Kern.
Kielpinski, a 6-foot-1 post from Mandan, N.D., averaged 17.5 points, 10 rebounds, three assists and two blocks per game for a Mandan team that has won the state's large-school division the past four years. She moved to the varsity late in the eighth-grade season and started since she was a freshman.

Moderator's Note: Posting the entire text of articles is forbidden on SiouxSports.com. Please provide a link to the article or quote the relevant text only.

You are obviously someone related to her and felt the need to let anyone from UND, who would read this, know because you are upset the UND women's basketball program did not want to recruit her. You decided to become a member just to post something about her that was from the Albuquerque Journal that noone else could have possibly known about besides her direct family. I think that is somewhat pathetic and not many people on this website care.

You are obviously someone related to her and felt the need to let anyone from UND, who would read this, know because you are upset the UND women's basketball program did not want to recruit her. You decided to become a member just to post something about her that was from the Albuquerque Journal that noone else could have possibly known about besides her direct family. I think that is somewhat pathetic and not many people on this website care.

Probably a lot of fans (including myself), are interested in any ND athlete who is being pursued by several major programs. Jessica needs to do what's best for her and we need to wish her much success whatever her decision.

In wnaegele's defense, we have discussed the possibility of UND pursuing Jessica. So the information posted was hopefully meant as more of an "update" than a "diss"? :hypocrite:

FYI, according to Albuquerque Journal, Jessica Kielpinski announced she would be attending the University of New Mexico next season.

Way to go Jessica!! Just goes to show that yes, we can grow, nurture, and develop top female basketball competitors in ND!! Looks as though one of her future teammates will be Amy Beggin from Roseville, MN. Who just so happened to play on an AAU North Tartan team with Jossy Bergan, on of our new UND players. The Lobos should be a great experience for Jessica. She is looking for a much warmer location than her older sister, Rebecca (who went to University of Alaska at Anchorage)!

What's this all about? I have heard people make comments about this before. Is there a back story I don't know about?

I've just heard rumors that Amundson and Roebuck don't see eye to eye. When you consider all the good players that have gone through Mandan, that only one has ever come to UND (Mary Perrizo), and that was only after transferring from NDSU, it appears there's fire to go along with the smoke. Exactly what their issues are, I don't know.