SiouxSports.com Forum

Florida State University Seminoles

Rick

I'm not sure (I'll have to first check with the NCAA or Doreen YB), but I think I was offended last night??? I watched the Miami Hurricanes play the Florida State Seminoles and I was forced to listen to the FSU fans doing the war chant all night. Not only that, but I noticed all the FSU football players have feathers painted on their helmets. I think I was offended by that also.

This game was on primetime TV, so countless numbers of people were subjected to this demeaning, degrading and disgusting display. The FCC should require the NCAA to warn viewers that what they're about to see will be offensive, but that FSU refuses to change their Native American nickname, logo and imagery. We can only hope that young people didn't hear the chanting. It's probably too late for anyone over 18 because we've been subjected to this disgusting practice too many times. The damage has been done. We need to save the youngons though. I urge everyone to write to Miles Brand and demand the NCAA force FSU to discontinue all forms of Native American imagery. Seminole people all over the country are being degraded by FSU but they don't realize it. Miles needs to educate them. I don't know how anyone could sit and watch that game last night and not be offended. How many more lives have to be ruined before something is done?

I'm not sure (I'll have to first check with the NCAA or Doreen YB), but I think I was offended last night??? I watched the Miami Hurricanes play the Florida State Seminoles and I was forced to listen to the FSU fans doing the war chant all night. Not only that, but I noticed all the FSU football players have feathers painted on their helmets. I think I was offended by that also.

This game was on primetime TV, so countless numbers of people were subjected to this demeaning, degrading and disgusting display. The FCC should require the NCAA to warn viewers that what they're about to see will be offensive, but that FSU refuses to change their Native American nickname, logo and imagery. We can only hope that young people didn't hear the chanting. It's probably too late for anyone over 18 because we've been subjected to this disgusting practice too many times. The damage has been done. We need to save the youngons though. I urge everyone to write to Miles Brand and demand the NCAA force FSU to discontinue all forms of Native American imagery. Seminole people all over the country are being degraded by FSU but they don't realize it. Miles needs to educate them. I don't know how anyone could sit and watch that game last night and not be offended. How many more lives have to be ruined before something is done?

No sarcasm there!!! :silly:

You didn't pick up on him picking up on it? :silly:???

Sarcasm just a few of the services provided here on SS.com. But very well but. I kept thinking about that last night while I was watching the game. How is that Ok but what UND does is wrong. Whatever Myles, you idiot.

First of all I think rRIck needs to get a life. Second, the on FSU I'll admitted I hate them but it seems some of these folks won't understand why. Well is simple because I'm a GATOR & Rick in case you don't what that means wait until late Nov. When Florida plays FSU in Tallahassee that's our rival. Also Rick you need to remember something the NCAA or should i say the NC$$ or neo-nazis back off when everyone in the state of Florida including members of congress from Florida we're going to take them to court. I guess then NCAA didn't want it's dirty landury air out in public. Then again what do I know. I may FSU and that's fine, but like most of the other colleges in the state of Florida we're not to sit & watch an outsider attack a Florida school.

SIOUX FAN SINCE 1973.