SiouxSports.com Forum

Welcome Danny Kristo

siouxnami

Also, one other question for those who may know more: Is there some rule where Canadian players have to play Junior A (or Tier I or whatever it is that isn't major juniors) in the prospective conferences whence they originate? So, for example, David Toews would have to play in the MJHL if he were to play in Canadian Juniors? (does Quebec even have a non major junior Tier I hockey league?) I can't seem to find any information about this ruling but I seem to recall a player recently running into that problem when he wanted to play in the BCHL but couldn't because he was from Saskatechewan (I want to say this was Eric Gryba, but I can't be sure).. Maybe I'm not using the right keywords in the google search...

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paul Doe-

It is true that Darcy and Travis Zajac played in the BCHL, but here is an article that explains what I'm talking about. It is Eric Gryba whom I refer to. The info I speak of is in the third paragraph of that report.

Also notice that Kelly Zajac doesn't play in the BCHL, but rather the MJHL. I also notice that it refers to the ruling as being new (as of March 2006, anyways) so this ruling would not have affected Travis or Darcy Zajac.

It's an interesting question...

Isn't there one more Zajac that is younger than Kelly? I think someone mentioned him at some point on here. I think I remember that he is a 90 or 91 born so it would be a while until we even possibly saw him.

Nolan is younger than Kelly. I don't remember how old he is though. I thought he was like 14 or so, but I could be wrong.

Redwing, I figured someone who knows the answer would have posted by now but I guess not. Perhaps it has to do with being 17 as it mentions in the article or perhaps his rights were owned by a SJHL team and they refused to let him transfer to the BCHL.

Redwing, I figured someone who knows the answer would have posted by now but I guess not. Perhaps it has to do with being 17 as it mentions in the article or perhaps his rights were owned by a SJHL team and they refused to let him transfer to the BCHL.

If you are refering to the Gryba situation the article was refering to the fact that if he wanted to go the Major Junior route in Canada he could only play for the WHL team that owned his rights. He could have gone to the Tier II BCJHL if he had wanted to.