SiouxSports.com Forum

Satellite Move for The Fighting Sioux Sports Network

cheesemover

cheese

these are from last years (05-06).

IA8 (Telstar 4)

V

as pointed out, they were on G3 2 years ago (when we had the sucky reception)

I've been checking the ralph site and it hasn't changed yet. When it does, we'll post them ???

biggreyant

If they keep the same satellite as last year (IA8 AKA Telstar4) if your location is correct the dish does get aimed pretty much dead south

IA6 (93W) is our true south satellite in the western suburbs (the satellite that is exactly south) and IA8 (the Sioux satellite) is 4 degrees off that to the east

so it is pretty much dead south

biggreyant

If they keep the same satellite as last year (IA8 AKA Telstar4) if your location is correct the dish does get aimed pretty much dead south

IA6 (93W) is our true south satellite in the western suburbs (the satellite that is exactly south) and IA8 (the Sioux satellite) is 4 degrees off that to the east

so it is pretty much dead south

My location actually is out of date. I'm in Eagan now.

So it'll possibly shade a touch to the west?

yep. A little shade ot the west

I'm in Shakopee, which is at 93.5W longitude

Eagan is probably 93.1W longitude or something so its just a hair to the west of mine

but still pretty much straight south

Does anyone have an idea when this will be finalized? I am eagerly awaiting confirmation so I can purchase a new dish before the season starts. Thanks!

unknown at this point. May be tomorrow, may be next week, may not be until October.

Midco/the Ralph/WDAZ (since they all co-produce it) probably still has to reserve the satellite space for the year. Hopefully they use the same satellite as last year

unknown at this point. May be tomorrow, may be next week, may not be until October.

Midco/the Ralph/WDAZ (since they all co-produce it) probably still has to reserve the satellite space for the year. Hopefully they use the same satellite as last year

Yeah, it seems after the trouble people were having with the signal two years ago, they got it right last year by moving to the current satellite....don't move, stay right where you are!!

Yeah, it seems after the trouble people were having with the signal two years ago, they got it right last year by moving to the current satellite....don't move, stay right where you are!!

exactly...stay on IA8...don't move off of it :love:

No other college hockey teams have an extensive FTA schedule as the Sioux but on a motorized, you will see the following WCHA teams

-Most of the Wisconsin games on FSN North are on FTA. Satellites vary

-The MN away games are usually on FTA. There are some exceptions

-All UMD televised away games are on FTA unless they

No other college hockey teams have an extensive FTA schedule as the Sioux but on a motorized, you will see the following WCHA teams

Iceberg, what do you do to find these stations. Are they specific channels or are they temporary feeds. If they are specific channels could you list them so that I can get organized here. I have a motorized dish.

Also, what size dish are you using. My 33" can't seem to get G10 (123W). Is it a weak satelite? I'd love to get some of the Alaska games since I know a few boys on that team as well.

I can get the FSSN channel without any problems once they actually start their broadcast.

they're all feeds since they are up from 1/2 hour before game time to right after game is over. I'm using a 30" dish here in MN and G10 comes in really good.

Usually a team/broadcast will use the same satellite the whole season. UMD used G11, Wisco used SBS6, Comcast local was on either SBS6 or IA8. The Alaska feed can be weird. Some nights its booming and some nights its a flicker on the screen.

After 3 years of doing this, you get use to where the feeds will be :love: Some of the hockey feeds I'll leave stored in the channel list for the next game.

• Downvote 1

Iceberg, any idea what it would cost to change my "fixed" dish to "motorized"? Anything you need to look out for? I bought the 80cm dish with the Satworks receiver a couple years ago and it has worked great. PSB hooked me up....

what Satworks is it?

The 3618 doesn't have a motor option but the 3688 does.

All you would need is a motor. PSB has them. Setup is pretty easy. You aim the dish straight south and tune in your satellite that is straight south and the rest fall into place :love:

no extra cabling is needed sicne the motor runs over the same cable as what is already set up