SiouxSports.com Forum

TSN says Toews is Back

jk

Split Oshie and Toews.

Make the other team decide who to put their checking line out against:

Toews with Duncan and (Kozek? VandeVelde?)

Oshie with Porter and (Watkins? Forney?)

Young Zajac and the two guys not on the first two lines come out next.

Then smile and send out Kaip with Fabian and Hunter Bishop. ;)

Split Oshie and Toews.

Make the other team decide who to put their checking line out against:

Toews with Duncan and (Kozek? VandeVelde?)

Oshie with Porter and (Watkins? Forney?)

Young Zajac and the two guys not on the first two lines come out next.

Then smile and send out Kaip with Fabian and Hunter Bishop. :lol:

Not sure but I think Hunter is ineligible in 06-07, as a transfer. ;)

Edit: No I'm confused, who is the AA transfer?

I believe he has been playing in Europe the past year, though

That doesn't make sense. Playing in Europe? I thought European juniors for those over 21 years of age are similar to pro leagues or major juniors? I don't know where to look to find out this information. Hockeydb doesn't list anything regarding that. I know he played in the Pond Hockey classic earlier this year...

Sioux-cia- You cite the same reasons why I question Hirsch's return will have much of an impact on the Gophers. He'll be a welcome returnee for the Gophers, but I doubt he'll be making anyone jump up and down for joy.

hrisch went over somewhere to skate i believe, he didnt play in a league or anything and if he did we wouldnt be back in college to play obviously. best of luck to the kid, hell of a player and hope his life is back on track....he will be a big addition to the gophs being experienced and he can put up some points IF he is the same type of player, that is yet to be determined after his time away

hrisch went over somewhere to skate i believe, he didnt play in a league or anything and if he did we wouldnt be aloud back in collge to play obviously. best of luck to the kid, hell of a player and ope his life is back on track....

Maybe so, but why leave the country to do something that could be done just as easily in Minnesota? What does Europe have that Minnesota doesn't?

Maybe so, but why leave the country to do something that could be done just as easily in Minnesota? What does Europe have that Minnesota doesn't?

i dont think it matters why or where he went, he obviously had some problems so maybe he wanted to get away, maybe there is a gophs fan who knows......

to get back on track, cannot wait to see toews play a WHOLE season at center with the sioux. his game was taken to a whole new level after the wjt last year when hak put him at center where he is unbelievable

I know the thread is about Toews, but since the subject of Hirsh being back was brought up, what about Bina? As I remember, he had made great strides in his play right up until the time he was hurt (blindsided, sucker punched, cheap-shotted, etc.). What impact might he have this year?

I know the thread is about Toews, but since the subject of Hirsh being back was brought up, what about Bina? As I remember, he had made great strides in his play right up until the time he was hurt (blindsided, sucker punched, cheap-shotted, etc.). What impact might he have this year?

Good point. The difference as I see it, is that Robbie has been skating with his teammates since the doctors allowed it and has been fair game for getting checked during practices for several months now.

I've known Robbie since he was a little guy playing hockey and football. This kid plays with alot of heart and has as strong a work ethic as anyone on the team. This is one kid that bounces back up within milliseconds of being knocked down by guys two and three times his size. I know this because his practices included hitting and checking my kid (2x's Robbie's size!) for years before college. He's gonna be a big asset to the team. ;)

I really think you're right. As I remember, he always seemed to play a fearless, I'm going to know you on your ass no matter what the size difference is style. If he can pick up where he left off, he'll be a hell of a defensive asset, and also a great inspiration to the rest of the guys.