SiouxSports.com Forum

Why "Official budget thread"?

aff

Due to popular demand, here is an official thread for SDSU/NDSU fans to congregate and discuss their mutual concerns over UND's future athletic budgets. Sioux fans' responses about the 'SUs secret deficits should also occur here. Spam other threads with it at your own peril.

I have to say I think you've been pretty fair in the past, but this is kind of out of line. If there is a thread title "UND D-I move" you no longer want to discuss the budget of UND on that thread? Is that really the message you want to send out to people? I don't think that it is at all obvious that UND can actually fund this move, but you're already calling monetary concerns "spam"? I don't think there would be the problems with budget concerns on a lot of these UND D-I threads if there were actual answers to those questions out there from your administration. Whose fault is it that there isn't answers? Posters from other schools with legitimate questions, or the UND administration?

I will personally abide by this thread if thats what you truly want, but I think you should reconsider your threats to posters for putting up questions about UND's budget. And for the record, I don't think it was that big of a deal for a thread about UNO's budgets concerns (with obvious parallels to UND) to turn into a debate along the same lines for UND. I think a bigger problem was people bringing up UND hockey championships in a thread about UNO's budget problems. Which one seems more out of place to you?

I have to say I think you've been pretty fair in the past, but this is kind of out of line. If there is a thread title "UND D-I move" you no longer want to discuss the budget of UND on that thread? Is that really the message you want to send out to people? I don't think that it is at all obvious that UND can actually fund this move, but you're already calling monetary concerns "spam"? I don't think there would be the problems with budget concerns on a lot of these UND D-I threads if there were actual answers to those questions out there from your administration. Whose fault is it that there isn't answers? Posters from other schools with legitimate questions, or the UND administration?

I will personally abide by this thread if thats what you truly want, but I think you should reconsider your threats to posters for putting up questions about UND's budget. And for the record, I don't think it was that big of a deal for a thread about UNO's budgets concerns (with obvious parallels to UND) to turn into a debate along the same lines for UND. I think a bigger problem was people bringing up UND hockey championships in a thread about UNO's budget problems. Which one seems more out of place to you?

Although I have had my disagreements with AFF on certain issues this is one that I agree with him on completely. Only because of the obvious parrallels between uno and UND.

Your complaint about something Jim has every right to do. :D

I didn't say there wasn't a right to do that, but he also needs to decide if this board is only for posting positive information on UND, or if realistic questions can be asked about UND's plans. I don't think that asking a series of serious of questions about the financial situation of a school moving to D-I is that out of line to ask.

If nobody is allowed to question the monetary situation of UND thats fine, but don't pretend this board is being realistic about anything anymore. Its no better than propaganda in my view.

perhaps instead of filling every thread with budget questions, he would just hope to have all that discussion happen here. that would certainly keep a lot of the flaming out of those other threads. that way, anyone who wants to talk budgets can come to this thread and talk about it. otherwise, keep it out of the others.

Due to popular demand, here is an official thread for SDSU/NDSU fans to congregate and discuss their mutual concerns over UND's future athletic budgets. Sioux fans' responses about the 'SUs secret deficits should also occur here. Spam other threads with it at your own peril.

Jim, since you locked the other thread and as you can see by my posts in it I was only referring to the study and suggestions at UNO and how they related to your planned move to DI. Whether you believe it or not I was not trying to hijack a thread as the thread already had comments relating to the uno move. If you think that the situation going on right now at UNO is in no way similar to the one in GF then I guess you can say that the thread was hijacked but I didn't do it and I would disagree with your notion that the two are not related or have no common ground. As far as any fan of any university no matter where they are from (as long as the university is within the state of ND) then they do have every right to ask questions about the move and its funding when it directly affects them. Did not the good people of GF and UND ask about NDSU's move back when we made it and do so relentlessly? So now is a legitimate discussion about your move need to be relegated to one thread if a sioux fan brings up relevant material no matter the thread its in? Are not many of the threads on siouxsports.com currently discussing the DI move? I will certainly follow your wishes but hope that legitimate discussion about the DI move won't be poo poo'd by you in other forums.

If nobody is allowed to question the monetary situation of UND thats fine, but don't pretend this board is being realistic about anything anymore. Its no better than propaganda in my view.

Jim started this thread for the express purpose of allowing those questions to be asked. Perhaps you should stop posting hysterical rants and start asking those questions.

Jim started this thread for the express purpose of allowing those questions to be asked. Perhaps you should stop posting hysterical rants and start asking those questions.

Right, he just doesn't want to hear them when talking about UND going D-I. So to summarize, when discussing UND going D-I, the budget isn't a valid topic, even though its the single most important factor in a move.

Since we're making comments about each others posts that are almost crazy in their comparisons such as my "hysterical rants", I'm getting pretty offended by all of your pro-communist ideals you keep lambasting us with.

Right, he just doesn't want to hear them when talking about UND going D-I. So to summarize, when discussing UND going D-I, the budget isn't a valid topic, even though its the single most important factor in a move.

Since we're making comments about each others posts that are almost crazy in their comparisons such as my "hysterical rants", I'm getting pretty offended by all of your pro-communist ideals you keep lambasting us with.

"Pro-communist ideals"? Yeah, that's not hysterical.

If you're getting offended by comments on this board, then click the mouse button somewhere else. It seems quite simple to me. Ask all the budgetary questions you want, just don't hijack every thread. Keep it here. If Jim didn't want discourse on the subject, he would've likely banned your rear-end a number of weeks ago.

"Pro-communist ideals"? Yeah, that's not hysterical.

If you're getting offended by comments on this board, then click the mouse button somewhere else. It seems quite simple to me. Ask all the budgetary questions you want, just don't hijack every thread. Keep it here. If Jim didn't want discourse on the subject, he would've likely banned your rear-end a number of weeks ago.

First, I haven't hijacked any threads, those were other members. Second, Pro-communist ideals was obviously sarcasm, I thought if I made it stupid enough, people would see its obviously sarcasm. Guess not. Third, shouldn't a discourse be under a thread about UND moving D-I, or are we now only allowed to talk about how great the move is in that thread? I don't understand the logic in having this stuff posted on another thread. Finanaces are a big deal in a move. Ask savannah state. Aren't any of you concerned about it, or are you just going to pretend that every thing is fine?

If there is a thread title "UND D-I move" you no longer want to discuss the budget of UND on that thread? Is that really the message you want to send out to people? I don't think that it is at all obvious that UND can actually fund this move, but you're already calling monetary concerns "spam"?
Yes, it's a legit topic, that's why I even created this thread entirely dedicated to it! However, a couple anti-UND posters were trying to change the topic of almost every other thread (e.g. discussion of UNO) to their grave concerns about UND's budget, making it hard to hold other discussions. That is almost the textbook definition of spam.

I think a bigger problem was people bringing up UND hockey championships in a thread about UNO's budget problems. Which one seems more out of place to you?
The same NDSU fan who hijacked that thread with his concern about UND's budget also raised hockey in the same post (supposedly because of his concern about hockey's impact on the budget). I think both were out of place in that thread, but if you think the transition to the former was ok, you certainly have to accept the latter (a discussion of the effect of UND's hockey on budgets, raised by the Bison fan, can't really be had without discussing the success of UND hockey!)

I don't want one or two anti-UND posters to keep spamming every thread about D-I with their speculation that UND is going to have budget problems. It's a very legit discussion. There's a thread dedicated to it. It will be a peripheral topic in other threads as relevant. I don't want to see it in every thread about recruiting, conferences, scheduling, and the other myriad topics related to our move to D-I.

I honestly believe that one or two guests are posting here simply out of hatred for UND and with the single agenda of disrupting discussion about UND's reclassification with anti-UND propaganda. I think that agenda has been pursued by hijacking discussions about D-I into budget discussions. Guests who weren't doing that or don't have that agenda need not worry and should carry on as they have been; for any that were doing that, this is the warning shot across the bow.

So now is a legitimate discussion about your move need to be relegated to one thread if a sioux fan brings up relevant material no matter the thread its in? Are not many of the threads on siouxsports.com currently discussing the DI move? I will certainly follow your wishes but hope that legitimate discussion about the DI move won't be poo poo'd by you in other forums.
No topic has been banned for discussion. I'm asking people to make an effort to using threading to keep topics organized, because I think that helps keep the board more accessible to newer guests / those who don't visit as many times per day.

A lot of people might be interested in UND D-I recruiting, conference, scheduling, etc... discussions, but if every thread with such titles actually turns into Bison / SDSU fans pontificating about UND's 2008 budget, those guests will perceive this as just another smack-filled message board and quit reading.

No topic has been banned for discussion. I'm asking people to make an effort to using threading to keep topics organized, because I think that helps keep the board more accessible to newer guests / those who don't visit as many times per day.

A lot of people might be interested in UND D-I recruiting, conference, scheduling, etc... discussions, but if every thread with such titles actually turns into Bison / SDSU fans pontificating about UND's 2008 budget, those guests will perceive this as just another smack-filled message board and quit reading.

I appreciate your responses and I understand where you're coming from. I guess I hadn't personally noticed threads such as recruiting etc. having budget discussion, but I don't take the time to go through this site as I'm sure you do. I would hope that a lot of my opinions aren't nearly as offensive as some of the readers of this site have indicated to me in the past couple of days, I really am only trying to have legitimate discussion on a lot of these topics. Even though the vast majority of what I say isn't positive for UND, I would hope that people understand I'm not trying to hurt the institution by voicing opinions that may not be in lock-step with what the majority thinks. I'm thinking I may back off of posting at the frequency I have been for a couple of weeks, as I think I have irritated a few to many people on the board, and any post of mine would be counter-productive for an intelligent conversation about anything.