SiouxSports.com Forum

Fighting Sioux in Action at Red Sox/Twins Game

MafiaMan

i was at that game and there was way more to it that they didn't show. i'm not encouraging people to jump onto the field, but when those two guys did, it was possibly the greatest thing i have ever seen.

realize the context of the game before you guys blast me for saying fans on the field was good: eighth inning, nothing has happened for a good 3-4 innings and fans are getting restless. this was an excellent crowd picker-upper.

the two guys jumped out there halfway up the wall along left field. they immediately split up, which was a good idea because the security guards were on them in a second. fortunately, the young guys were able to evade security long enough for the first one to get a high five from torii hunter (huge crowd pleaser) and then get shot down by luis castillo. the second one (the one who got tackled) just kinda ran around for a good couple minutes and it looked like he was going to go into the twins dugout or try and jump back into the stands. then he suddenly goes straight for 3rd base and the place errupted. other than morneau's grand slam earlier in the game, the dome was the loudest i had heard in a while. as soon as the guy dove at home plate, almost every fan was standing and cheering. and you know the rest from there.

i was at that game and there was way more to it that they didn't show. i'm not encouraging people to jump onto the field, but when those two guys did, it was possibly the greatest thing i have ever seen.

realize the context of the game before you guys blast me for saying fans on the field was good: eighth inning, nothing has happened for a good 3-4 innings and fans are getting restless. this was an excellent crowd picker-upper.

the two guys jumped out there halfway up the wall along left field. they immediately split up, which was a good idea because the security guards were on them in a second. fortunately, the young guys were able to evade security long enough for the first one to get a high five from torii hunter (huge crowd pleaser) and then get shot down by luis castillo. the second one (the one who got tackled) just kinda ran around for a good couple minutes and it looked like he was going to go into the twins dugout or try and jump back into the stands. then he suddenly goes straight for 3rd base and the place errupted. other than morneau's grand slam earlier in the game, the dome was the loudest i had heard in a while. as soon as the guy dove at home plate, almost every fan was standing and cheering. and you know the rest from there.

Hey thanks for the 'rest of the story'. I've been to many a game that has been a snoozer, sounds like fun. Too bad the guys ended up in jail for the night.

I had heard that the one "idiot" that got tackled said that if the bat boy had hurt him, he would've sued...kinda funny that he would say something like that considering what he did was illegal and he HAD to expect that there would be some force involved when they finally did catch him. I'm guessing that he didn't figure the bat boy of all people would be the one to spear him!!

Makes everything sweeter to learn that the BB was a UND alum!! Maybe we should send the footage of the tackle to the NDSU football team... :silly: