SiouxSports.com Forum

Goofer fans.

Goon

This is the weekend I've been waiting for all year.

MN is finally healtly! Huge psycological boost to have Riddle, Vanek, Koalska, Martin, Ballard and Potulney all on the same bench. Let's see how CC deals with that amount of speed & skill. I also think Weber is growing up fast, very soild...could steal a game by himself.

This is crunch time- this shoud be like a NCAA frozen four quality hockey...speed & skill. CC is still playing so well, like a precision machine, but I really think MN will have them on their heels a lot this weekend. If it weren't for the altitude (6,000 feet is really tough!) I'd say this could be the weekend the gophers bust out and sweep. I say at least a split, MN probably takes 3 points. Hope I'm not dreaming!!

I found this on USCHO.Com. This is rediculous. All on the same bench. They must have used two benches earlier this season. Weber is growing up fast I guess he grew two inches this season. Apparently he didn't see the UofM and MSU-M games... Classic this is what your brain looks like when you drink too much...

Guess since there were some over-exuberant Sioux fans on USCHO last week also, should expect the same from some Gophers.

Like I posted somewhere, I'd be ready for CC to win out and conceed the McNaughton, which would give the Sioux the best possible shot at second, considered the teams CC would beat in their final four series.

Sweep the Gophs, CC. Let them scramble for third for the rest of the season. moon.gif

"For sure the Sioux will get a split and if they do that will win them the conference. if they take 4 points lookout. The confidence will be out of this world. Lets all work on keeping Jake solid in the net and Matt Greene out of the penalty box because 5 on 5 we are the best team in the conference."

That was a quote from the Sioux-Tiger Round 2 thread. I sure hope Goofer fans don't look at that post and generalize about all Sioux fans, especially since the Tigers outscored UND 7-1 when it was 5 on 5.

Every team has fans that make outrageous statements.

Goon, just a little obsessed withe the Gophers, eh? :0

I suddenly feel I should post a ZP thread on POI. ;):)

Take a look at the thread bout Vanek's weekend. Parise' name has already been mentioned. No need to start another fresh one; it will just be a matter of time before he shows up again :p

That was a quote from the Sioux-Tiger Round 2 thread. I sure hope Goofer fans don't look at that post and generalize about all Sioux fans, especially since the Tigers outscored UND 7-1 when it was 5 on 5.

Every team has fans that make outrageous statements.

You mean, like, for instance, a certain fan posting, "That's a violation, folks" in another thread right here :)

That was not only wrong, but outrageous as well. Do you know who he is? When was the lobotomy done? Or in this case is ignorance innate?

to bad the Parise comment was made as a joke on his supposed god-like powers and not claiming he was the second comming...oh wait, this is the Sioux board, I will now get stoned for blashemy! :)

WPoS

Get out the rocks and commence throwing. He,he,he...

Ah all in fun, some Gopher fans are just too funny for me...

I am hoping for a Sioux vs UofM during the final five. It would really be fun...

I actually think it would be fun to play in the Sioux fans vs- Gopher Fans hockey game, if one ever happened, but I threw out all of my stuff back in 2000. I am not sure I could even skate anymore, nor shoot a puck...

As for the Final Five I guess both teams need to finish high in the standing and get to St Paul. I think as of is right now, at least part of the five teams going to the X should be C.C., Minnesota, UND and from there it is a crap shoot, possibly SCCC, if you listen to their fans they have been missing key players and that the rest of the league should watch out when they get everyone healthy.

I don't expect Mankato to go very far if you can't score even strenght, they also have what one line, also MSU-M has 4 games in hand right now on UND and UofM. You can not expect to win if you can't score even strenght...