SiouxSports.com Forum

CLOSING OF THREADS

SIOUXELEVENS

Why our threads being closed because posters from other sites come on and talk smack,when we respond Redwing calls it a flamefest and the thread gets locked. Hmmm if I want to mess with someones thread if I'am a Goopher fan I just start S%$T and watch until the moderator closes it and sit back and laugh, maybe we need to start banning people who add nothing to these messages but just stir the pot. I guarantee if I went to GPL like State of Hockey,or Piper or others I would be banned after the first couple of responses. This is SiouxSports.Com not USCHO or Goopher puke live, last time I checked this was a forum for Sioux fans to talk about our teams not defend our views from smack talkers :)

In reviewing the last couple pages of the 2 legitimate threads that were closed, I see what the moderators were thinking and don't see it as quite so one-sided. Neither thread had really been about Sioux hockey for a while, but had devolved into Sioux fans bashing the Gophers. It's not stunning that Gopher fans retaliated.

I think in the regular season such things quickly get drown out by other legitimate things to talk about. In the off-season, they seem to just hang around until they get out of control. I'm not sure interfering before they're out of control is what I want to do, either.

I know a lot other team-specific sites quickly ban anyone who doesn't tow the party line (e.g. daring to say something negative about the "home" team). While that can keep smack to a minimum by keeping all the discussion homogeneous, I'm not sure that's an entirely positive attribute either.

I don't mind different points of view, it's nice to see the other sides thinking but when they get on with the mullets,nascar caps,Grand Forks sucks etc they should be at least warned of the possibility of being banned. If I went on GPL and started spewing about Toews or Oshie being better than Kessel How long would I last if I used the same tone they bring here. Just my thoughts.

when they get on with the mullets,nascar caps,Grand Forks sucks etc they should be at least warned of the possibility of being banned.
I agree. That's personal smack, pure and simple.

People who repeatedly make such posts or whose posts are primarily of that nature shouldn't be allowed to continue to post.