SiouxSports.com Forum

D-1 Survey Says...

CDog

Math?

Is that with them "numbers"?

Since UND doesn't have a conference, isn't that a no?

I guess it depends on how one looks at it. I believe The Great West is a conference. Some may call me just another pompous UND grad, but I'll bet UND could get into that right away. When you look at it that way, it sounds like 64% yes to me! ???

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess it depends on how one looks at it. I believe The Great West is a conference. Some may call me just another pompous UND grad, but I'll bet UND could get into that right away. When you look at it that way, it sounds like 64% yes to me! ???

GWFC would be a great conference for UND to join. It's sorta dependent on the Dak SU's ending up in the mid-con tho. Based on the writing about "requests for information" from the mid-con, there may be an invitation to join the mid-con for IPFW, NDSU, & SDSU. That would bring membership to 11 in all sports but football. The mid-con commish is promoting a Mid-con/GWFC connection. If so, I do hope that UND is talking to the mid-con as well as Big Sky. There may be room there for expansion.

I guess it depends on how one looks at it. I believe The Great West is a conference. Some may call me just another pompous UND grad, but I'll bet UND could get into that right away. When you look at it that way, it sounds like 64% yes to me! :D

Yeah, I'm sure that the great west is what most people have in mind when they talk about conferences. ??? . Pretty sure an all sports conference, or conference with an auto bid would be what they had in mind.

Right now UND is caught in its' own trap, much like SDSU was (since I'm their biggest fan of course!!!!), they have said they won't go D-I without a conference, but you can't get a conference invite without being D-I first. SDSU's way out was an embarrasing public back track. I don't think Kuppy has it in him to do that though. Why would he take a public hit for something he doesn't want to do in the first place?

Yeah, I'm sure that the great west is what most people have in mind when they talk about conferences. ??? . Pretty sure an all sports conference, or conference with an auto bid would be what they had in mind.

Right now UND is caught in its' own trap, much like SDSU was (since I'm their biggest fan of course!!!!), they have said they won't go D-I without a conference, but you can't get a conference invite without being D-I first. SDSU's way out was an embarrasing public back track. I don't think Kuppy has it in him to do that though. Why would he take a public hit for something he doesn't want to do in the first place?

I thnk he see's it as a no win situation either way. In the end my feeling is he will keep UND in DII, he certainly has enough ammo to do it not to mention his hearts not in the move which I think is the tell tale sign. To make the move requires 100% support of the president, he's far from that.