SiouxSports.com Forum

Stafford signs!

BB9

No doubt it is only a matter of time with Stafford. I don't see Parise going anywhere unless he just wants to leave. I don't think any team is going to provide him with enough of an incentive to leave. He is not really a pro prospect from all reports I have read.

You correct on both counts. Stafford is gone......has been since the season ended. Just a matter of crossing the T's and dotting the I's.

No NHL team is going to throw any serious cash Parise's way. He is considered a "project" from everyone I have had conversations with. If he leaves over the summer, it will be on his own accord.

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sad as it will be, I will cry no more for him than I did when Greene left. Though we will miss him being on the ice just like we did Greene. Like you have said it is going to happen, it is just a matter of when. :lol: So, I will cover my tears with laughter.

If Matt Greene keeps playing like he did the other day for Edmonton (he of the 3 penalties and I believe 2 of them were almost back-to-back), the Oilers might be wishing he'd stayed for another season in Grand Forks.

If Matt Greene keeps playing like he did the other day for Edmonton (he of the 3 penalties and I believe 2 of them were almost back-to-back), the Oilers might be wishing he'd stayed for another season in Grand Forks.

p.s. do you think he will be getting more ice time this post-season, considering how he played? i looked for him last night, but i didnt see him. do u know if he played? was i just blind to not see him? congrats to the Oilers btw

p.s. do you think he will be getting more ice time this post-season, considering how he played? i looked for him last night, but i didnt see him. do u know if he played? was i just blind to not see him? congrats to the Oilers btw

no , he was a healthy scratch as he will be unless there is a injury or someone else sucks it up for the oilers D

I don't know that they wish that. You have to keep in mind that was only like his 2nd or 3rd game in the last 2 months or so. Yes I know he took those penalties. But I think from the games I have been watching, Spacek is just as big of a risk. Giving the puck up in his own zone. The third goal last night was totally his fault. I think we will see him for atleast one game in the next round. Just my opinion.

Greene hasn't found his NHL game really. He's played in 30 games this year at most and has seen rather limited ice time in most of them. He's coming around, but this is not his season. So far, though, Hockeysfuture is big on Greene, as are the Oilers front office, coaching staff, and players. Oh yeah, and Edmonton fans seem to like him too. I think he'll find his niche. Like Commodore has found his.

Greene hasn't found his NHL game really. He's played in 30 games this year at most and has seen rather limited ice time in most of them. He's coming around, but this is not his season. So far, though, Hockeysfuture is big on Greene, as are the Oilers front office, coaching staff, and players. Oh yeah, and Edmonton fans seem to like him too. I think he'll find his niche. Like Commodore has found his.

yeah i hope he does. it would have been great to have had him around one more season. but, thats what happens i guess. i hope the same thing doesnt happen to staffy, that being that he underperforms his first year. i really hope he is up to the task of being a great presence in the sabres lineup.

All the laughter will soon turn to tears when Drew and Jpar are gone. :lol:

Trioxp,

You getting your information from THE SOURCE? Last I heard, he was back on the cheap vodka. Last time that happened, he gave me some bad information on who was going to be the next Pope. Lost a bundle on that one in Vegas. That said, I have learned never, ever to doubt THE SOURCE.

By the way, THE SOURCE just hooked me up with Zajac's game worn helmet autographed by all members of this years team for a charity auction. No doubt it will set a bidding record for a very good cause.

First, it was just last year that it came out that UND was the #2 binge drinking university in the nation. I don't remember where it is but there was an article in the Dakota Student. If I can find it, I will post it.

Second, there are three zambonis if I remember correctly. There is one for the other ice. So no fighting over them.

Third, I will believe that Drew is gone when we have a credible source meaning something from the athletic department or the herald or Buffalos website.

Oh, and I so need HOCKEY right now.

First, it was just last year that it came out that UND was the #2 binge drinking university in the nation. I don't remember where it is but there was an article in the Dakota Student. If I can find it, I will post it.

The survey was from 2003, and the original article came out in 2004. I do know North Dakota is still trying to correct this problem. Here's a link to the original article.

Binge Drinking

On a hockey note, Carolina beats Montreal. Carolina now plays New Jersey!

On a hockey note, Carolina beats Montreal. Carolina now plays New Jersey!

GO CAROLINA!! its gonna be hard, but being from NC i am gonn ahave to pull for the Canes a little more. I have become a bit of a Devils fan as of late, because of what seems like a pipeline from UND to NJ. but, its gonna be a good series.

dakota interview with DS, says the tournament wil not affect his decision on leaving UND or staying, and he is ready to play with the big boys....

here is the link to that article.....

http://media.www.dakotastudent.com/media/s...gepublisher.com

notice he does not say either way if he is leaving or not

""This tournament will not have an effect on any decision," Stafford said. "I'm just focused on going out there and representing my country.""

i just want to know right now. im getting a very eerie feeling... :lol: but i am blocking it out, because i am very optimistic!

It's not so much being optimistic as it is denial.

Just enjoy the players we have while we have them, and wish them luck as they move onto the next level.

It's not so much being optimistic as it is denial.

Just enjoy the players we have while we have them, and wish them luck as they move onto the next level.

true. at least you guys get to continue enjoying them. i am moving now, and i wont get to enjoy watching them anymore. thank god for the good graces of www.fightingsioux.com and their free internet radio broadcast of the game.