SiouxSports.com Forum

Exploritory Year

4siouxnow

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd think North Texas would be on the WAC radar before any Big Sky schools. Gets them into the Dallas media market and the fertile texas recruiting grounds. Plus they are already I-A.

In the last expansion round when UTEP left the WAC for CUSA, the WAC offered North Texas, Louisiana-Lafayette, and Arkansas St and all turned down the WAC. The only remaining real option for the WAC was Idaho, so the Vandals were offered. North Texas seems to have its eye on Conference USA, but Southern Methodist is supposedly blackballing them. Agree that Texas schools would be much more on the WAC radar (like Texas St, if it went DIA) then Great West/Big Sky schools, but none of them seem interested after Rice, SMU, TCU, and UTEP have all left.

It is all but inevitable that La Tech will leave the WAC. When that happens, have to agree with MplsBison, the WAC will look to the Big Sky / Great West for its next addition(s).

I'd think North Texas would be on the WAC radar before any Big Sky schools. Gets them into the Dallas media market and the fertile texas recruiting grounds. Plus they are already I-A.

I didn't really think about them, or Texas State for that matter if they move up.

Yes, those are certainly possibilities.