SiouxSports.com Forum

ESPN's coverage of Frozen Four

Redneksioux

Does anyone know if the games on ESPN and ESPN2 will be HD broadcasts?

Hockey in HD is awesome. The Sioux Denver game last year was great in HD. Except of course for the final score. Luckily, this year I will be present at the Bradley Center but if you get a chance to watch the game I would definitely recommend watching it in HD. There is a big difference versus the regular broadcast.

Hockey in HD is awesome. The Sioux Denver game last year was great in HD. Except of course for the final score. Luckily, this year I will be present at the Bradley Center but if you get a chance to watch the game I would definitely recommend watching it in HD. There is a big difference versus the regular broadcast.

So ESPN actually used HD cameras at the Frozen Four, not just broadcasting the standard signal on the HD channel? I noticed a lot of the basketball tournament had letterboxed SD pictures on HD CBS this year. :love:

I'll have to set up the HD DVR and try to catch them. Of course, there's no good media to record an HD program to yet, I guess you just leave it on the hard drive until HD-DVD or BluRay catches on.