SiouxSports.com Forum

Atmosphere at the Ralph...

SiouxMeNow

I gotta say it was awesome just having pure hockey, and not being reminded every 10 minutes to "eat fresh" and where you can get a snowblower or emergency generator.

I loved all the homemade signs...we gotta keep this up next year.

And last but not least- Cheers to trunk monkey!! Primate chaperones with 12 gauges rock my world!! ;)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I gotta say it was awesome just having pure hockey, and not being reminded every 10 minutes to "eat fresh" and where you can get a snowblower or emergency generator.

I loved all the homemade signs...we gotta keep this up next year.

And last but not least- Cheers to trunk monkey!! Primate chaperones with 12 gauges rock my world!! ;)

those were awesome! and when they played the bit calling for "MORE COWBELL" and cowbellboy put on a great show!

I'm glad you all had the time of your lives! There is something truly special about home regionals and I don't think the NCAA eliminate them out west. Don't get too haughty about our plight though, there wasn't a whole lot of Sioux colors shown in the '03 regional final.

Congrats again to all you Sioux fans and good luck in Milwaukee!

Yeah - The Ralph was rocking - it was a blast! I think the roof would have come off Saturday night if it would have been Minnesota and UND but *hit happens ;) Thanks Sagard for having some class...it is appreciated! (although NOT necessarily to be reciprocated next season :ohmy: ...you know how it goes! :)

$5 each? Seriously?

Yep - thats what the gal behind me said. She was actually alittle upset (prior to the game) that she didn't buy a bunch to sell for what she paid for them as she felt that there would be a alot of empty seats Saturday night. As it turns out, they were apparently snapped up by Sioux fans anyway as that place was packed with loud and proud folks in green and white.

My wife and I ate at Boston's before the game and the Gopher fans next to us at the bar said they sold their tickets (I don't know how many) for a $140 bar tab. :ohmy:

Looked like lots of sioux fans were trying to buy tix b4 saturdays game, hopefully they got in. BTW, I've always watched the games from 113, but the upperdeck is great!! I just had to get my shuffle on while navigating to my seats. I tripped on a cup holder and had my life flash b4 my eyes. ;):)

My wife and I ate at Boston's before the game and the Gopher fans next to us at the bar said they sold their tickets (I don't know how many) for a $140 bar tab. :ohmy:

Looked like lots of sioux fans were trying to buy tix b4 saturdays game, hopefully they got in. BTW, I've always watched the games from 113, but the upperdeck is great!! I just had to get my shuffle on while navigating to my seats. I tripped on a cup holder and had my life flash b4 my eyes. ;):)

We love the upper deck. Visitors always make fun of our seats but here's the advantages:

1. 1. We can see the entire ice
    2. We can see into the press box-check out the other scores without leaving our seats!
    3. We don't get sore necks looking at instant replays
My husband sat in the lower bowl for the weekend. It's louder, but he said our seats are better!

I sit in the upper level during the season, but sat in the lower level for the regional and I prefer the upper level. We can see the entire ice much better from up there while we could not see much along the near boards while in the lower lever, especially on the far end of the ice. Though the atmosphere in the lower level is much better then in the upper level. I think I talked more hockey with the people around me last weekend then I have since the REA opened up. If I could choose any seat in the arena, I would be first row upper level!

I also like the upper level for many of the reasons mentioned before...you can really see the plays develop from up top. But one thing you really miss out on in the upper deck is the speed of the game. Sitting closer to the ice you get a much better feel for how fast the players are going. My favorite place to sit is about midway up in the lower level, just above the line of the glass. Sitting here, to me, feels like the best of both worlds. Also, at that level you can hear the sounds of the game better too...the skates, stickwork, players yelling, etc.

Lower deck, two rows up from behind the opposing goalie for two out of the three periods is my new favorite seat. Ask the ESPN camera woman...she'll tell you I liked my seat, too! ;)

MafiaMan, I saw you were slipping the ESPN camera woman spare twenties to get your picture up on the jumbo tron. ;-) It looked like it worked though because your face was on-screen more than "cow-bell guy". ;-)

I said this before when there were rumors of the students taking seats away from some of us in the Sioux on offense (Twice) end in the upper deck - I have sat up in 306 for along time even the old Ralph & you get used to seeing the game from a certain place in the arena & it is hard to sit anywhere else - & like others I think they are better seats - Seeing the entire ice & watching them come down the ice - I don't want lower bowl seats (besides the seats are a little larger up there too)

It was nice to have the students distributed thru out the Arena - I had a jumping jack (young guy) in front of me :) - Everytime the Sioux were about to score he would jump up :ohmy: But we worked it out & gave each other high 5's when we scored & all was OK - Although some folks do need seat belts ;)

Lower deck, two rows up from behind the opposing goalie for two out of the three periods is my new favorite seat. Ask the ESPN camera woman...she'll tell you I liked my seat, too! ;)

Who's your daddy got you them there those seats Mafia Man? You stick with me,

and someday you gonna be somebody special. You wriggle off of that San Diego hook

yet?

Who's your daddy got you them there those seats Mafia Man? You stick with me,

and someday you gonna be somebody special. You wriggle off of that San Diego hook

yet?

NorthDakotaHockey is my daddy, lol. Doesn't look like it's gonna happen. :)

MafiaMan, I saw you were slipping the ESPN camera woman spare twenties to get your picture up on the jumbo tron. ;-) It looked like it worked though because your face was on-screen more than "cow-bell guy". ;-)

You mean I could have given her twenties and she'd have still put me up there? What the he** was I doing giving her fifties? :)

If everyone sits until after they score everyone can see - It really is Rude & Selfish

If he was just standing up as UND had a chance to score and then would sit back down, it can't really be that big of a deal. If he would stand up and then continue standing while nothing is happening, I agree. Otherwise it's just probably him being excited about the play on the ice.

So your saying if someone were to stand everytime something was about to happen & block your view (unless you stood & leaned one way or the other to see) & that would pizz off someone behind you & so on & so on & so on - You don't see anything wrong with that - This is something many need to think about & be aware of - Like I said it is Rude & Selfish & unnecessary - As soon as the puck is in the net Jump for Joy (we all do) but until then keep it on the Leather

I really don't want this thread to turn into this, but what is the problem with standing up 10-15 times a game for a short period of time? Some people would like to sit the entire time at a game while other people would like to stand the entire time at a game. There has to be a meeting point in the middle as you never get exactly what you want.

You didn't have a problem standing up for the last two minutes of the championship game, did you? So why is there a problem with standing up for 10 seconds when a big play is happening?

I really don't want this thread to turn into this, but what is the problem with standing up 10-15 times a game for a short period of time? Some people would like to sit the entire time at a game while other people would like to stand the entire time at a game. There has to be a meeting point in the middle as you never get exactly what you want.

You didn't have a problem standing up for the last two minutes of the championship game, did you? So why is there a problem with standing up for 10 seconds when a big play is happening?

I can see how it's a problem to stand up before or during the play. After all if you stand up, the guy behind you has to stand up.....someone's going to miss the play. It would be better to wait until the play happens, but I also understand that people get excited.

I understand what Fetch is saying. At the first WCHA Final Five I ever attended, there was a SCSU student who would jump to his feet every time the puck got close to the net. He was directly in our line of sight and completely blocked our view. Every time he stood up, it created a chain reaction of people standing to see what was happening. If they didn't stand, they couldn't see. It was extremely annoying and extremely rude.

Fortunately, there were some SCSU fans directly behind us who were just as sick of this guy's antics as everyone else in the area. After they yelled at him a couple times, he finally stopped doing his jack-in-the-box routine.

It wasn't a difficult problem to solve. All it took was the cooperation of one idiot to stop acting like an idiot.