SiouxSports.com Forum

Sweet Hockey Fight

AZSIOUX

check out the goalie and others using their sticks as weapons ???

at one point there is 3 guys from 1 team beating the hell out of the other guy and the a extra guy is spearing him with his stick as well ;)

and then a doctor comes out to check up on the guy with blood all over and thats one guy i wouldn't F with..wow......

i thin the RED team won ;)

http://avokatsomo.com/arkisto/2006/02/23/r...keytaituruutta/

check out the goalie and others using their sticks as weapons ???

at one point there is 3 guys from 1 team beating the hell out of the other guy and the a extra guy is spearing him with his stick as well ;)

and then a doctor comes out to check up on the guy with blood all over and thats one guy i wouldn't F with..wow......

i thin the RED team won ;)

http://avokatsomo.com/arkisto/2006/02/23/r...keytaituruutta/

It's the Romanian Championship. Commentary is in Hungarian indicating that the feed is from the Hungarian part of Romania. I am betting that one of the teams is Hungarian and one is Romanian. That is why they are probably trying to beat the snot out of each other.

It's the Romanian Championship. Commentary is in Hungarian indicating that the feed is from the Hungarian part of Romania. I am betting that one of the teams is Hungarian and one is Romanian. That is why they are probably trying to beat the snot out of each other.

There was an explanation somewhere stating that one team was members of the Romanian Military of some sort and the other Hungarian. The "bad blood" was almost entirely politically motivated and had to do with where in Romania and Hungary they are from. ANd it goes all the way back to World War I and the country of Austria-Hungary and how it was split up or something to that effect.

Ah, Diggler on USCHO gave the link to the explanation. It's about half way down this page.

There was an explanation somewhere stating that one team was members of the Romanian Military of some sort and the other Hungarian. The "bad blood" was almost entirely politically motivated and had to do with where in Romania and Hungary they are from. ANd it goes all the way back to World War I and the country of Austria-Hungary and how it was split up or something to that effect.

Ah, Diggler on USCHO gave the link to the explanation. It's about half way down this page.

Maygar Mauler is correct with his historical facts as posted in the above link. Magyar of course means Hungarian in Hungarian (if that makes sense). Transylvania is an extremely interesting part of the world from a historical point of view. It's basically the area were Christianity stopped the spread of Islam (Turks) and several wars were fought in that area for a couple of hundred years. The recent problems in Yugoslavia are also connected.

...or by reading the link that begins with "romania"

Sorry, but that's just disgusting, and I'm not kidding. I'm not offended by a line brawl, but the part about literally using the stick as a spear, and the three guys on one that happened several times - that's not old time hockey. I won't ever understand how the guys in white could stand around while their teammates got mugged.

Sorry, but that's just disgusting, and I'm not kidding. I'm not offended by a line brawl, but the part about literally using the stick as a spear, and the three guys on one that happened several times - that's not old time hockey. I won't ever understand how the guys in white could stand around while their teammates got mugged.

I agree. Many of them should be locked up.

That was a awesome Brawl,I wish we would see more of that in college hockey!!!!!!!just like the good old days

It is certainly more entertaining than watching players get run from behind straight into the boards face first.........which, according to those who run college hockey, is not even close to being as serious and dreadful as a player punching another player in the face mask while wearing a glove. No, we can't have any of that. The mask might get damaged or the glove torn.

That was a awesome Brawl,I wish we would see more of that in college hockey!!!!!!!just like the good old days

Oh I agree! Fists flying, skates kicking, sticks spearing and slashing being used as weapons, lots of injuries of varying severity! Heck yeah! I think all levels of hockey need more of this! :lol:

Seriously, what jk said. This brawl was revolting to watch. I think what I saw in this video made what McSorley and Paukovich did almost like child's play. Heck, if one player ended up severely injured, it makes this brawl worse than what Bertuzzi did. There's nothing to be amused at all about.