SiouxSports.com Forum

No coaches show recap tonight

PCM

Due to pressing matters, I will be unable to post a recap of tonight's Fighting Sioux Coaches' Show. I hope that somebody else is willing to take a stab at it.

I'm terribly sorry, but sometimes reality intrudes. ;)

I did catch the last few minutes of Hakstol's interview with Bernie Burgraff on the FAN 1280AM in Fargo (1440AM Grand Forks IIRC). They were talking about Fabian's injury. Hakstol wouldn't say how long Erik would be out but it wasn't information we already didn't know.

EDIT: Due to second thoughts, I have removed the rant from this post. There are things I don't like about Bernie's show, but what I said really was over the line.

Bernie is really a pretty good guy; his show sounds exactly like what it is: a bunch of hockey heads reminiscing. Bernie is one of the most connected guys I know in hockey in this part of the country, and that shows in the guests he's able to land for his program. He has forgotten more about hockey than most of us will ever know. Oh yeah, and he's a pal of mine.

Bernie is really a pretty good guy; his show sounds exactly like what it is: a bunch of hockey heads reminiscing. Bernie is one of the most connected guys I know in hockey in this part of the country, and that shows in the guests he's able to land for his program. He has forgotten more about hockey than most of us will ever know. Oh yeah, and he's a pal of mine.

My "beef" isn't what he knows or doesn't know about hockey really. It isn't that I don't think he's a great guy. I just think that, at times, he's not caught up with the times. The HIPAA thing was just a sore spot.

I was really harsh on him in my last post, I'll admit that. I just wish he had more of a 'radio personality.' A bunch of hockey heads reminiscing is a good thing if you know as much about hockey as he does. However, to the masses, it just doesn't sound very good. Maybe he needs to alter his format to cater to the masses instead of just catering to people who were "there" and all.

Sorry mikejm if I came across as trying to attack Bernie on a personal level. It has nothing to do with what he knows about hockey or who he is as a person. I just don't think he has the radio personality to make a great concept such as his show really work. He's got the knowledge, just not the ability to express it over the air.