SiouxSports.com Forum

CBS Sports will be on campus Sat.

GrahamKracker

STOP THE PRESSES! Here's a good one...got a call from a friend today who works for a local TV station. CBS New York called to see if they had any "file footage of UND students dressed up like indians or wearing feathers or something... :lol: "

The CBS Crew attended the UND/Tech game Saturday night thinking they would be waist deep in racist behavior but apparently they were disappointed by the LACK of disparaging imagery displayed :)

After the fact, they're trying to dig something up. They referenced "a guy dancing around in feathers on the ice" and my friend explained it was an honor dance occasionally performed by "certified" Lakota tribe members to a very respectful and appreciative crowd. The cbs producer/geek seemed "disappointed!" ;) Actually asked..."so you don't have ANYTHING?" Tells a lot right there...

STOP THE PRESSES! Here's a good one...got a call from a friend today who works for a local TV station. CBS New York called to see if they had any "file footage of UND students dressed up like indians or wearing feathers or something... :lol: "

The CBS Crew attended the UND/Tech game Saturday night thinking they would be waist deep in racist behavior but apparently they were disappointed by the LACK of disparaging imagery displayed :)

After the fact, they're trying to dig something up. They referenced "a guy dancing around in feathers on the ice" and my friend explained it was an honor dance occasionally performed by "certified" Lakota tribe members to a very respectful and appreciative crowd. The cbs producer/geek seemed "disappointed!" ;) Actually asked..."so you don't have ANYTHING?" Tells a lot right there...

Too bad it's simply the truth...that doesn't play well with the National Media(especially CBS). Great stuff SiouxMeNow.

They referenced "a guy dancing around in feathers on the ice" and my friend explained it was an honor dance occasionally performed by "certified" Lakota tribe members to a very respectful and appreciative crowd.

Those could not have been real Native Americans. According to GK, those must have been stand around the fort indians....or whatever he calls them. Because if all Native Americans felt the way GK does, then those dancers at the game would not have performed and put themselves in such a hostile situation.

Maybe the symbolism behind the dancers performing at the game really means that most Native Americans (or a great majority more than GK leads us to believe) could care less about the whole nickname issue. Wait, no, that couldn't be, could it? :lol:

STOP THE PRESSES! Here's a good one...got a call from a friend today who works for a local TV station. CBS New York called to see if they had any "file footage of UND students dressed up like indians or wearing feathers or something... ;) "

The CBS Crew attended the UND/Tech game Saturday night thinking they would be waist deep in racist behavior but apparently they were disappointed by the LACK of disparaging imagery displayed :D

After the fact, they're trying to dig something up. They referenced "a guy dancing around in feathers on the ice" and my friend explained it was an honor dance occasionally performed by "certified" Lakota tribe members to a very respectful and appreciative crowd. The cbs producer/geek seemed "disappointed!" :) Actually asked..."so you don't have ANYTHING?" Tells a lot right there...

Kind of funny how no one is able to provide any concrete examples of blatant racism that is being shown to the Sioux tribes other than "a know a guy who knows a guy" type stories, except for a T-shirt (the old B*** the Fison) from '72 or '78. Over 30 years and nothing....

The only solid examples of racism come from GK himself.

Which in all honesty, if he does get on TV will be the best thing for the pro-name stance. He has already been doing wonders for the pro-cause, as he visits the other tribes, and speaks out against the name. Seems he doesn't make a very good spokesperson. :lol: Go figure..

I really don't get you GrahamKracker. I know you just do these things to get under the skin of Fighting Sioux fans, but why. I've never responded to you on SS.com, but I've read quite a bit on here that you've been involved with. Most everyone here tries to rationalize with you, but you don't seem to want to embrace the truth. The truth is the Fighting Sioux name is treated with great respect. I don't know if you were at the hockey game last night, but I looked around the Arena and saw everyone showing nothing but respect for the Lakota Sioux Fancy Dancers and their Sioux heritage. I remember when I was 10 years old and thinking the Fighting Sioux are the best...35 years later I still think the same way. Whether you want to believe it or not, the Fighting Sioux name is a very positive thing for kids as well as people who have honored the name their entire life. Could you at least think about what I just said? Thank You

Most everyone tries to rationalize with me, who? Everything I say in here is taken out of context. and "I" don't want to embrace the truth? What truth? The truth that the Sioux Nation is against the use of the name? Now THAT is the truth.

From your perspective, all we, the Lakota, must do in life is dance and perform in your eyes. That is VERY far from the truth. You know nothing about our heritage. And one more thing, the Sioux nation has NOTHING to do with hockey, not one thing. Go look in your history books. This SiouxHockey crap is one made up in the 50's, and trust me, the Sioux people have been around a hell of a lot longer than hockey.

You think its honor, what if I took your daughter/sister as my wife to "honor" her, yet she didn't want anything to do with me. Is she right to think its not honor, or am I right for thinking I'm honoring her? Think about it.

hmmm..no gloating..maybe CBS actually asked GK some REAL questions??? :lol: I'd hate to think reality interfered with his "visionquest" ;)

You are an a$$hole SiouxMeNow. But I guess its okay to make a mockery of my culture, because that is all you know how to do.

You are an a$$hole SiouxMeNow. But I guess its okay to make a mockery of my culture, because that is all you know how to do.

So you can toss all of the insults towards other cultures you want but they only hurt when directed towards you?!?!

Pot, meet Kettle.

No, that's what he calls himself. I have the pm if you want to see it.

That's true! A while back (when I thought he might have a sliver of rationality) I invited him to a hockey game so he could document the "travesties against the sioux culture" for himself. He declined but invited me to join him in the sweat lodge. I said I'd be all over that if they could tolerate seeing my manboobs* and long story short - it just fizzled out from there.

*by the way - they're REAL and they're SPECTACULAR! ;)