SiouxSports.com Forum

Projected Tourny Bid

GBpakrzz

For the record, post #221 was not me. It was someone who I live with who used my username.

Well, from me to you, please relay the message to your roommate, fiancee, husband, wife, domestic partner, or whatever to get HIS or HER facts straight before spouting off.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, from me to you, please tell YOUR roommate, fiancee, husband, wife, partner, or whatever to get HIS or HER facts straight.

I just did, believe me. On another note, I changed my name from buckysucks to buckysieve. This way it's still anti badgers but not as derogatory. I never should have picked buckysucks.

And some of those empty seats last year at the regional were from Maine and Ohio State fans who left after their team lost.

I just did, believe me. On another note, I changed my name from buckysucks to buckysieve. This way it's still anti badgers but not as derogatory. I never should have picked buckysucks.

And some of those empty seats last year at the regional were from Maine and Ohio State fans who left after their team lost.

I counted about two dozen Maine fans, parents, etc. Ohio State brought a band, a mascot, some cheerleaders, and little else. Cornell had far and away the biggest contingency of the 3 schools not named Minnesota and they barely filled up one section.

Question you all on bonuses:

The bonuses boxes on the You Are the Committee or its clone, the Pairwise Projector, have a decimal and four zeroes.

".0000"

Are bonuses scored .003 etc. or .0003?

I've always done it .003. When I do it that way, I get pretty much the same results as the brackets which includes the bonus. When I do it like .0003, there isn't much change in the rankings.

I've always done it .003. When I do it that way, I get pretty much the same results as the brackets which includes the bonus. When I do it like .0003, there isn't much change in the rankings.

yes it is

.003, .002, .001 or .005, .003, .001

True, but depending upon that extra zero, it could mean a lot. For example, with the bonus of .0004, .0002, and .00012 (I think it was) that, if UND goes 0-2, SCSU loses to UMN and beats us in the consolation game, we're out of the NCAAs.

If the bonuses have .003 or whatever, UND is a lock barring the chance that all of those who have no chance in making the NCAAs without an autobid get the autobid.

in messing around with the pairwise calculator I was able to get the Sioux upto a 4 seed however in both scenarios we would play either BC or Maine, so being a 1 seed might not make for the best opening round matchup.

I ran a scenario that got the Sioux to the 4th spot in the PWR with an opening matchup against Holy Cross. I'd take that!

This was entertaining.

24 from USCHO

"It's worse than that," said Scarano somberly. "Their nickname is "The Indians."
"It's not just the PairWise now," said Bedics. "They have hacked into my press release. It has us sending North Dakota away from Grand Forks and Wisconsin away from Green Bay. It has teams from the same conference playing each other. Now RIT is in. This is a disaster!"

Wait a minute, try 'Pair Wise.'"

"That's it," said Beagan. "And I thought it was one word." Bauer got into the system and within seconds, North Dakota was at home, the Badgers were off to Green Bay, the unlikely quartet of Brown, Arkansas State, RIT, and Kazakhstan had been eliminated, and the ECACHL had its AQ back. Everything was on schedule with a minute to go.