SiouxSports.com Forum

Congrats Parise

siouxnami

I am happy for Parise but I am left wondering what the WCHA was really watching if they didn't notice the games that Toews turned in. I don't care who they picked, he was the NCAA Rookie of the week let alone the WCHA. I guess in their eyes if you have one great move it doesn't matter that you can't play both sides of the puck.

i'm a big sioux fan, but sometimes i wonder if people who complain like the above post aren't huge homers.... 4 assists vs the number 1 ranked team in the league or two goals and an assist vs a bottom feeder. i think kessel is the obvious choice in this one, despite the fact that he's a gopher.

i'm a big sioux fan, but sometimes i wonder if people who complain like the above post aren't huge homers.... 4 assists vs the number 1 ranked team in the league or two goals and an assist vs a bottom feeder. i think kessel is the obvious choice in this one, despite the fact that he's a gopher.

Yeah I guess we are all big homers which is why he was selected as player of the game for Saturday's game. :D

Red Baron/WCHA co-Rookies of the Week

Phil Kessel

Fr., C, Minnesota

Mike Zacharias

Fr., G, Minnesota State

Also nominated this week were: Chad Rau, F, CC; Michael-Lee Teslak, G, MTU; Ryan Duncan, F, UND; and Shane Connelly, G, UW.

If I'm not mistaken, the schools nominate the candidates and in UND's case, they nominated Ryan Duncan.

Yeah I guess we are all big homers which is why he was selected as player of the game for Saturday's game. :D

being the best in one game is one thing, but when you're shut out in points the first game, then you're probably not going to get picked. especially when you have less points against a weaker opponent.

not saying it wouldn't have been nice to see toews get it, but he certainly wasn't the best freshmen this weekend. so to feel like he was jipped is a little ridiculous.

I am with you Mory00, nothing irritates me worse than homers. The view of their favorite sports team is so skewed and becomes delusional they can not see outside the box.

Shouldn't this thread be "Congratulations Kessel?"

I think it's great for Jordy (at the expense of my Dogs) but I think it's even better for Duncan! Sure, he didn't win it, but it's an honor just to be nominated... Seriously, it was good (from my green-colored lenses side) to see him have a good weekend! Way to go Ryan!

I am with you Mory00, nothing irritates me worse than homers. The view of their favorite sports team is so skewed and becomes delusional they can not see outside the box.

Sorry to disappoint you deedub but unlike a Gopher I don't live in a box and know that there is more to hockey than Minnesota. :D

This is the siouxsports domain and we reserve the right to be homers here. If you enjoy skippy drivel there are other places to get your fix. If you don't like Sioux homerism, place those of us that are on ignore. You'll spend much less time reading here, in fact, what's left to read isn't worth it, so there is no reason to waste your bandwidth on this site.