SiouxSports.com Forum

2005-2006 ND HS Class A Basketball

dlsiouxfan

Just thought I'd add this on here... especially with the EDC regional and State here in Gf. Who do you think will be the contenders and the pretenders. I'm picking Devils Lake.... Kind of the underdogs against the big schools. South is pretty good too though and you never know who will come from out West. I hope this thread takes off.

I'd have to put Devils Lake at the front of the line. They've only lost one game this year, that being to South. Along with those two, I think I'd put Red River in as a team that could surprise at the end of the year. They lost by 2 to Central and 3 to Devils Lake just this past week. They also beat Fargo South at South. Here's a great site, updated almost daily - http://www2.edutech.nodak.edu/edcbb/Boys/

I agree completely Red River will be a force to be reckoned with in the Regionals. I was at the game against DL they had them on the ropes for most of the second half. Red River has always been a notoriously tough gym to go into and come out with a win. Maybe they're home town advantage will carry over into the EDC and state tournaments.

• 3 weeks later...

It is gonna be one crowded town this weekend with the State 'A' Basketball at the Alerus, the Womens Regional at the Betty, and Mens Hockey at the Ralph! I would hate to have to get a hotel!!

Here are the matchups for the Boys 'A' -

Minot vs. GF Central

Williston vs. West Fargo

Bismarck vs. South

North vs. Century

I still can't believe the huge upset Central pulled in knocking out the #1 seed Devils Lake to go to state. Awesome game. Minot is good team but they don't have any stars, I think Central can hang again and maybe be around at the end to pull another upset!

Any thoughts on that or the other games?

Or if they get new guards and forwards to go along with the center. I have never seen a better team suck so bad cause they can't get along on the floor. High School kids that can't get along and play 2 hours together is pathetic.

I know one thing...it isn't the coaches fault. ;)

I think all the first round games could be very competitive. North may be the team to beat right now as they're playing very well. Between the high school tournaments and the women's regional, this could be the best weekend ever to be a basketball fan in GF!

the first round will go just like the state hockey tournament with all the east teams winning except minot will beat central. the two best teams are north and south but have to meet in the semis. south has the best athletes but north has a coach. winner of this game wins state

Although Bismarck is down, South is gonna have a tough time getting past the Demons. They always win the first round game, if not the tournament! They are the last team people want to play in the first round.

That may be the best game of the bunch. North should pound Century.

If Williston gets a new coach before the start of the tournament, expect them to win easily.

They don't need a coach. The coach is fine. They need perimeter players who know their roles. They have a 6' 11" center who doesn't get enough touches from the guards. They also shoot FT's at less than 50%. Don't know where the coaching is in that, unless they don't practice shooting them!

the first round will go just like the state hockey tournament with all the east teams winning except minot will beat central. the two best teams are north and south but have to meet in the semis. south has the best athletes but north has a coach. winner of this game wins state

id hate to say it but the boys state b-ball will go nothing like the hockey tournament it will be either minot or bismarck winning the title

the east rules hockey

the west rules b-ball

I'd have to put Devils Lake at the front of the line. They've only lost one game this year, that being to South. Along with those two, I think I'd put Red River in as a team that could surprise at the end of the year. They lost by 2 to Central and 3 to Devils Lake just this past week. They also beat Fargo South at South. Here's a great site, updated almost daily - http://www2.edutech.nodak.edu/edcbb/Boys/

Good Prediction DD603DD, shows hot knowledgable you are when it comes to high school sports.

Minot beat Central.....thank God. Minot is finally able to beat Central in a sport at a state tournament after having their football and hockey seasons ended by them.

Tomorrow's matchups in the A Boys

Minot vs. Williston

Bismarck vs. North

From the sounds of it the Bismarck-South game was a great one.

Minot beat Central.....thank God. Minot is finally able to beat Central in a sport at a state tournament after having their football and hockey seasons ended by them.

Tomorrow's matchups in the A Boys

Minot vs. Williston

Bismarck vs. North

From the sounds of it the Bismarck-South game was a great one.

Not as good as the North-Century game. Erdmann had 34 from North and Century's top 2 scorers had 29 and 27. Great game, not decided until the end. I think the final score was something like 78-75.