SiouxSports.com Forum

MLS Soccer Team Name 86'd One Month After Being Unveiled

MafiaMan

It is now offensive to have won independence?

Yeah because to do so meant opening fire on people who are now a minority. That's hostile and abusive.

I think Texas should pay reparation to Mexico for the harsh treatment they gave Mexican citizens all those years back. Plus, they should give a sizable amount of money to Mexican Americans forced to live a life of oppression and subjugation after crossing the Rio Grande legally or illegally. :lol:

I think Texas should pay reparation to Mexico for the harsh treatment they gave Mexican citizens all those years back. Plus, they should give a sizable amount of money to Mexican Americans forced to live a life of oppression and subjugation after crossing the Rio Grande legally or illegally. :lol:

Ok, :huh: .

What is wrong with people? 1836 is offensive to Latino's? That's absolutely sickening. People need to stop being such pussies and grow up. I mean c'mon. Are there any Latin people going home and crying because a soccer (SOCCER) team is using a nickname that refers to a year that their army was defeated? Give me a break. Maybe if they didn't suck at fighting wars then this wouldn't be a problem...

Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.

With stuff like this happening nearly every day, the power of human stupidity might soon impact the earth's rotation.

The Olympic flame continued burning at full force Thursday as organizers ignored a request from environmentalists that it be turned down in honor of the first anniversary of a key global warming treaty.
The European Union has praised the eco-friendliness of the 16-day Turin Games, during which organizers are trying to offset carbon dioxide emissions and save water and energy use.

Gattino said turning down the flame would have little substantive effect.

"The concrete attitude toward the environment is more important then symbolic gestures," he said.

Ah, the symbolic gesture. A sure way to make yourself feel better about the world without actually doing anything useful. :lol: