SiouxSports.com Forum

F-M fans support Sioux hockey

Cratter

Your point being...??

That there was an article in a newspaper about Sioux fans isn't enough to make it Sioux message board worthy? People have been jumping all over each other for starting topics they don't like, lately. If you're not interested in a certain topic, just don't join in that discussion!

Though a little lower than I might have guessed, for a little under 10% of season tickets to come from a town 70 miles away is pretty impressive. I would bet a fair number of F-M fans also make the trek each week on individual game tickets (as more casual fans might not buy season tickets if they can't hit every game). The economic impact of bringing in so many out-of-towners twice a weekend could be considerable -- G.F. is fortunate to have such a draw.

I thought this article understated the amount of fans coming from the F-M area to attend UND hockey games. The times I've driven up to the Ralph and back for hockey games, I-29 is usually crowded with vehicles with hockey stickers. On several occasions, my wife and I stayed overnight for a weekend series. So I the economic impact is greater than the article describes. Merry Christmans Grand Forks! :bigsmile:

Your point being...??

My point? I have none.

To allow you to read an article (that you might not have other wise seen) if you were interested in finding out how many Sioux fans come from Cass and Clay County. I know I had never seen the actual data. Oh and then there might be the fact that some people might like to discuss it.

Maybe you should contact the Forum and ask why they wrote the article if you want a point.

Actually I know of quite a few fans that come up from Fargo to see the games.

I guess I didn't think it was such an issue. Some of them cheer for the Bison in

the other sports like Football and Basketball. Now that they division one they really

aren't our rival anymore.

The % of fans would increase by a few points I bet after individual game tickets....also remember how many ticket plans that are split and that are in the names of the local people instead of the Fargoans.

Good point. We have 4 season tickets and come to most games from Fargo, but they are actually in the name of somebody in the GF area.

My point? I have none.

To allow you to read an article (that you might not have other wise seen) if you were interested in finding out how many Sioux fans come from Cass and Clay County. I know I had never seen the actual data. Oh and then there might be the fact that some people might like to discuss it.

Maybe you should contact the Forum and ask why they wrote the article if you want a point.

OK, obviously people from Fargo come and watch Sioux games. It's the nearest place to watch college hockey, being it's only an hour away. Hence, the article being written in the Fargo Forum. And my stepdad is a sports writer for the Forum and I know all the other sports writers too, so it wouldn't be that hard to contact them. Anyways, whatever, as long as we all support the Sioux, it doesn't matter where they're from.

GO SIOUX!!