SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs MSUM -- Sat night

brianvf

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Teams are up-and-down through the season, so the last few weeks don't necessarily set the tone for the next six weeks, but it looks like the WCHA may be taking shape. MN swept CC, and is on a pretty serious run. CC has dropped four straight, and although they were against two of the best teams in the country, it still smarts. DU is leading Wisconsin 2-1 in the first, looking for the sweep, and suddenly looks like they want to contend again. It's not a coincidence that their play has improved as Butler returned to the lineup. SCSU is leading UMD 3-0, and is also looking for the sweep. SCSU also has two games in hand on most of the league.

At the top, and suddenly vulnerable? - Wisconsin

Rising - MN, DU, SCSU -- does UND belong here? The next three games will tell a lot.

Fading - CC, UMD

Middling along - MSUM, AA, MTU

With Wisconsin having such a significant lead, MN's and DU's resurgence is tough news for UND in trying to get into the top three. Plenty of hockey still to play, though, and UND does get another shot at DU.

I think a top four finish is reasonable for the Sioux. I'd like to see #3, but I'd be okay with #4. I don't think we'll catch Wisconsin or Minnesota, but national tournaments don't always have the top teams in them (as per last years results). I just want the Sioux to put together a good run, as I'm sure all of you do.