SiouxSports.com Forum

Bina sign at gophs game

AZSIOUX

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boy are you ever grasping at straws. I'd hate to think something as simple as 7>5 is offensive. However the Hirsch stuff is out of line.

I never said it was offensive but it is arrogant for Sioux fans to keep spouting off on it. Sioux fans keep saying Minnesota fans are arrogant (and there are some) but this is an example on how some Sioux fans are arrogant also.

I never said it was offensive but it is arrogant for Sioux fans to keep spouting off on it. Sioux fans keep saying Minnesota fans are arrogant (and there are some) but this is an example on how some Sioux fans are arrogant also.

Stuff like that I would consider more good natured ribbing, and part of a rivalry, it would be more arrogant if it wasn't true. But the Hirsch and Bina signs are just completely out of line. Making fun of an athelete for any injury, be it emotional, or physical is just plain disgusting. There's just no need for it.

Stuff like that I would consider more good natured ribbing, and part of a rivalry, it would be more arrogant if it wasn't true. But the Hirsch and Bina signs are just completely out of line. Making fun of an athelete for any injury, be it emotional, or physical is just plain disgusting. There's just no need for it.

I do agree with you regarding the Hirsch and Bina signs. But if minnesota fan is spouting off about something he is considered arrogant but if a Sioux fan spouts off about something it is just good ribbing.

Interesting analogy.

Back to Back. Heard enough of that on Friday that I had to bring up who has more titles.

Back to Back. Heard enough of that on Friday that I had to bring up who has more titles.

This is exactly what I'm talking about. Minnesota fans being arrogant about Back to Back and Sioux fans on who has more titles. i'm just saying not all Gopher fans are arrogant and not all Sioux fans are arrogant. All programs have there share of arrogant fans.

The thing I see is this:

It seems to be the attitude that the Bina sign makes us even with the Hirsch sign. Gee, that makes a lot of sense.

A few classless Sioux fans held this sign, sure, so that justifies your fans returning the behavior? RIIIIGHT.

So let me put it this way: If you spend time here trying to justify the Bina sign by using the classless Hirsch situation, then that makes you classless yourself. Even if you say that the Bina sign was classless to begin with.

THERE IS NO JUSTIFICATION for making fun of a person who gets a broken neck!!!! NONE!!!! And there is no justification for justifying one classless action to make up for another classless action.

I am in NO mood to listen to people rationalize the Bina sign.

About time this thread comes to an end ?

It appears everyone from both Sioux and Minn camps believe BOTH incidents are wrong and orchestrated by the worst type of fans from both teams.

I would be willing to suggest NO ONE active on this message board (Sioux or Minn) fans would ever perpetrate such stupid displays of idiotic behavior nor condone it.

Seems like nothing to argue about to me.

Time to sing kumbaya !

think of it this way, I DOUBT the idiots with the sign even KNOW of Siouxsports.com and or GPL, so I'd bet it is safe to say that we all agree about what is classless and what is ribbing here. I think all this bi-oching is preaching to the chior(s) of the fans of BOTH teams that post here.

Bring on the post season! :silly:

WPoS

"Republicans are all racist, gun loving, war starting animals."

I'm not racist and

Wilson-D got us into WWI

Roosevelt - BIG D got us into WWII

Truman - D got us into Korea and sent the first advisors to Vietnam where

Kennedy - D really got us involved

just so you know

So you're saying Democrats made it possible for us to converse in English on this board instead of German, Japanese, Korean or....Chinese??? GO DONKEY DUDE!

I hate politics on hockey boards. :D At least take it to the community section.

Let me summarize this thread. There were some A$$holes at the Gopher game. Both Minnesota and Sioux fans agree this was unacceptable behaviour. :D

Then a couple pages of unrelated crap... :silly:

Actually MM, if you think of my handle, I DO like the penalty cheer and DO participate in it lustily....but I DO try to refrain from stuff I would have said 5-10 years ago.....but I will ALWAYS do the "traditional" (see the "cheers" section on GPL if you are at ALL interested in the "tradional" cheers/chants) cheers for ANY team we play against. And yes, If I yell "Sioux Suck" it is the team not the native peoples I am saying sucks...my guide, I'll yell it if I hear it on Clear Channel radio stations or on FOX TV stations..

As for our security, you need your AARP card to be a member....they can't move that fast!

WPoS, I'm embarrassed to say that you walked right by me without noticing. Shame.

Late in Saturday's game, a puck flew into the stands after deflecting off Frazee's right shoulder. It was a little floater, a fan caught it, and proudly showed it off. About 5 minutes later, a 95 year old man comes down the steps and asks me (at least a dozen rows up from where the puck landed "ANYBODY HURT BY THAT PUCK?". I just about died laughing. :silly:

One more note on the whole Bina/Hirsch scenario. I know this thread should be dead, but I must add. The signs at the FFive were nothing short of a reaction to the unknown, the recent signs about Bina were about the known.

It's one thing to jump on the bandwagon and laugh along with the crowd about something. The Twin Cities papers laughed at the Hirsch incident, as did people on ESPN, USCHO, GPL, and SS before anyone "knew(?)" what was/is really going on. (No one knows/knew what the problem is/was other than there is one) Everyone recanted and realized later that there was something wrong.

It's a whole other level when a person laughs at a something and everyone on the bandwagon turns around and stares and says what the h### is wrong with you. And that same unremorseful person 'does er again'.

The two incidents shouldn't be compared at all. Both sides have arrogant fans, the only difference is that Minnesota has more fans, therefore it floats to the top more often.

BTW BS, If anyone thinks Chucko's dad is a saint, let me directly quote him from that evening,

"Robbie Bina's a Diver!". Security never made it down to the altercation and the fans walked away, there was no seperation. If the mom's were in tears and horrified by what they saw, you'd think some levity and insight might have been shared with the 'trespassers', instead of accosting them.

I agree with most that we understand that both sides have poor fans, good fans that make poor choices, and plenty of armchair ethics committees to judge the living and the dead.

BTW BS, If anyone thinks Chucko's dad is a saint, let me directly quote him from that evening,

"Robbie Bina's a Diver!". Security never made it down to the altercation and the fans walked away, there was no seperation. If the mom's were in tears and horrified by what they saw, you'd think some levity and insight might have been shared with the 'trespassers', instead of accosting them.

Either you didn't see the incident or you're lying because it happened right in front me and the security DID get involved. Had they not gotten involved it could have gotten ugly. A previous poster(hockey1) backed up what I said.

And I couldn't disagree more with you that these incidents are that different. The fact that people didn't really know what was wrong with Hirsch at the time doesn't excuse the sign in any way. It almost makes it worse. You don't make a sign calling someone crazy when you know very well that he could have mental health issues. It was as bush league as it gets and you look like a total a** by saying otherwise.

Both instances are bad and neither can be excused.

Mental illnesses are NEVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, healed in a couple of weeks. Thus I tend to believe this was not really due to a mental illness, or else Hirsch would not have come back in a couple of weeks. I've said this before, if his actions were due to a mental illness, Don Lucia should be fired and never coach again for the good of all hockey. After this, there could have been ABSOLUTELY NO lack of understanding by the Gopher's Staff. I however, believe Lucia knew he was not really risking anything, playing Hirsch, because the bizarre behavior was just that, bizarre behavior.

Robbie Bina was a victim of a unnecessary violent assult. The two incidents are completely different. I don't like either set of signs however, more so just because if someone makes an a$$ of themself, it doesn't mean they need to read about it at the game.

BTW, that last sentance applies to all the folks who attend the F5 with me and witness my behavior. No signs please... :huh:

Either you didn't see the incident or you're lying because it happened right in front me and the security DID get involved. Had they not gotten involved it could have gotten ugly. A previous poster(hockey1) backed up what I said.

And I couldn't disagree more with you that these incidents are that different. The fact that people didn't really know what was wrong with Hirsch at the time doesn't excuse the sign in any way. It almost makes it worse. You don't make a sign calling someone crazy when you know very well that he could have mental health issues. It was as bush league as it gets and you look like a total a** by saying otherwise.

I saw the incident same as you and I am not lying when I say that security did not break it up. They started to come down but never made it to the two men. I sincerely doubt you had any better perspective of the incident than anyone else sitting around section 108.

Did I say that anything excused the sign? No, I said that everything with the situation was handled poorly, including the sign itself. But don't paint the single fan in this case when it was a lot of fans poking fun at Tyler. A video of the incident was posted on GPL for gawd sake. Including the laughter at the end.

Oh, and another BTW, I didn't call you an a*s so don't start pitching names.

How are we Gophers fans supposed to recognize you without your Maine hat?

I'll admit, after Friday's thumping, I was a little incognito and minus a hockey jersey on Saturday. I wore a Sioux long sleeve t-shirt. No Maine hat...alas, I went with no hat at all.