SiouxSports.com Forum

Should someone step up?

denbo1

Watch the first time a Gopher tries to do something dirty to Parise.

I don't think the question is will a Gopher take a cheap shot at Parise, but rather when will DeMarchi take what cheap-shot? Perhaps we should start a pool.

I'll take DeMarchi with a spear at 4:37 in the 1st (should DeMarchi somehow find himself ineligible for the game because he beat up some old lady on the way to Mariucci, I'll take Ballard).

For bonus points, what will Greene do to DeMarchi after he returns to the ice?

Excluding the last 2 seconds this past Saturday night, DeMarchie has not taken too many dumb penalties this year.  The water bottle squirt was more embaressing & stupid.

Does DeMarchi think he is Randy Moss.

The late penalty on the Gophers (I mean the whiners). Now they are saying the reffing is terrible in the WCHA. And here I thought they were only out to get us.

Is it the job of the refs to even up the game? They think it is. Doesn't anybody review the screw ups.

Doug Woog was just on K-Fan (Mike Goldberg substituting for the common man) -- regarding officiating: Greg Shepherd does a good job overseeing the officials -- the coaches have the utmost respect for Greg -- Greg does a good job reviewing the jobs turned in each week by the league officials -- if there are problems he has had discussions and/or handed out some form of discipline .....

the call on Saturday cost 2 points ..... (I can't honestly say if it was the Wooger or Goldberg who said that last comment, but it was uttered)

the call on Saturday cost 2 points ..... (I can't honestly say if it was the Wooger or Goldberg who said that last comment, but it was uttered)

I listened to Goldberg's interview with Woog. Woog said a bad call near the end of the game cost the Gophers two points.

kr, when Woog was talking about Shepherd, did you hear him say something about an AR being suspended? Right after he said it, he seemed to pull back and said something like "I don't think that's confidential."

I wasn't sure if he was referring to a suspension because of what happened in St. Cloud this past weekend or the incident in which AR Jay Kleven was suspended a couple years ago for the Gopher-Sioux series in Grand Forks.

I'd think that Woog would know that the Kleven suspension never was confidential. His comment made me wonder what he was talking about.

I think you have to expect a few bad calls in sports because refs are human, people make mistakes. What happened in Green Bay this season was horrible a travesty, what did I read like 9 different calls that were questionable.

I think the officating in the NHL is way better than college, I have no respect for the officials officiating the games in the WCHA except for a few. Randy Schmidt no relations to the other putz is staring to become a good official.

Here is why I have no respect for the officials, Don Adam is by far one of the worst in the WCHA, refs are to call penatlies not even it up. Don Adam refs with a chip on his shoulder against UND. If a team takes more penalties than another team you call it, not Don Adams he makes sure each team gets the same number of penalties. Thats not the way the game is to be called. Don Adam refs against UND with Biased. Period it doesn't take a rocket scientist to say it... If you think I am on crack tell me but if we review film of all the games he has reffed against UND I can show you what I mean. By the way you will have to bring the tapes...

This past weekend after UND got a 5-3 power play I told my buddy here it comes UND is going to get the next penalty. Bam it ended up going against UND.

In the BCS/NCAA title game Miami fans are bitching about how bad a call that was, however, no offense to the Miami fans if I am the ref I call that guy for at least holding. By not throwing the flag right away he makes the call look questionable.

Lastly when an offical is disciplined I think it needs to be public. The fans have the right to know. After seeing Adam and and Sheppard ref I am hoping Goddard and a return of Buzzy C.

Replays showed a St. Cloud player about three feet offsides just prior to the 2nd (?) goal being scored.  My guess is Wooger was referring to this and not the UND game two years ago.

Woog mentioned a penalty being called late in the game that he didn't think was a penalty. I see that SCSU's goal was scored on the power play at 18:50 of the third period, so I assume that's what he was referring to, not the offsides.

While talking about Shepherd taking measures to correct officiating problems, Woog mentioned something about an AR being suspended. However, he didn't make it clear as to whether he was referring to it happening as a result of the SCSU game or whether it was something that happened some time ago.

I would be suprised if anyone goes after Parise! Gimme a break. You may not like the Go4's, but that doesn't mean they are a bunch of hacks! Especially with Lucia, I don't think you'll see that sort of team at the UofM. Yes, there may be one or two players that are "chippy", but not the team.

And no I don't think DeMarchi has Parise in his sights. At least, no more than Greene will have Vanek in his sights! :(

PCM - I didn't hear the interview and I assumed Woog was talking about the missed offsides call in this past weekend's MN-SCSU series. If he was referring to the AR's two penalty calls in GF a few years ago he needs to let it go. It's ancient history in my mind.

Missing an offsides is not acceptable and that, BTW, is the only call I will complain about from this past weekend. Penalties are complete judgement calls - Some go your way and some don't and they will even out in the end. I'd rather catch a break in the NC game than in a semi-meaningless game against JBSU in January. However, an AR missing a guy three feet offsides is inexcusable and should never be blown.

DeMarchie can go after Parise, but I doubt he could catch him. :(