SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs UAA

CAFFEINE

However, still no answer to the question why Radke sat Friday night. If we needed four pts he should have been in there. :D

Hakstol stated during the pregame show that Radke has played okay, but okay is not good enough at this point. I don't think it is inconceivable for DH to send a message to certain players, especially at this point in the season. DB benched a lot of big name players during his tenure and they typically responded quite well.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Love how Hak is handling the goalies. He will be critical of the goalie on Friday night, and when the goalie responds he correspondingly gives them the big pat on the back the next night when the goalie comes through as expected.

Thanks for the recap, PCM. I switched over from the AA feed to the UND feed in the last minute so I could hear it myself, but there's apparently too much airspace between Alaska and Grand Forks, or something.

Hakstol stated during the pregame show that Radke has played okay, but okay is not good enough at this point. I don't think it is inconceivable for DH to send a message to certain players, especially at this point in the season. DB benched a lot of big name players during his tenure and they typically responded quite well.

I agree, if a message needs to be sent, it needs to be sent. In fact, it will be even more clear when it is an important game like Friday's was. If he's not been playing well, and is capable of playing better, than might as well sit him and hope to fix the problem for the long run.

Ok, didn't read the whole thread so forgive me if I repeat anything obvious. I was at the game last night at the Sullivan Arena. I'd say there was probably only 2000 or so people there. By no means a very threatening environment for the visiting team (minus the one outlandish fan sitting behind me :D).

I said hi to a couple other Sioux fans, perhaps one of you folks?

Anyway, nice to see the team play with some intensity and as a team. For the most part they looked really good out there. UAA suprised me with their level of physical play and their penalty kill. I was expecting to add to the score board when UAA got that 5 min major in the first period, but no luck. All and all a good game.

Lammy did a great job. Am I correct in thinking this was his first shutout?

MN is playing very well right now, and the Sioux are going to need a tremendous effort to come home with any points. For the record, I think they will play very well and it will be a terrific show.

Just for the record, UofMN except for UND has played some weak opponents. Lets face it Niagra and Union suck and UMass-Lowell isn't very good either. I wouldn't look to hard into the wins of the past few weekends. On the other end Woog basically said that UofMN should enjoy playing this weekend because it is going to be tough the next three weekend for the Goofers. I agree. UND, Wisconsin and C.C. I am glad UND hasn't had a schedule like that.

Here is the only article I could find online today:

http://www.adn.com/sports/college/story/73...p-7254853c.html

Glad to see the Sioux responded well to the poor game Friday. Allowing 5 goals to a team like UAA is not acceptable. Zero is much more like it.

Good luck to UND against the Goofs. It's going to be hard to come out of there with points, but points are needed. In fact, this team should be deperate for them.

VanNyatten, who Woog derisively called "Duchy," played EXTREMELY well.

Woog called him that because it's his nickname and it's probably a lot easier for the man who can't pronounce "Lundbohm" to say.

At least Woog didn't refer to Niagara as "Nigeria" this time. :D

Woog called him that because it's his nickname and it's probably a lot easier for the man who can't pronounce "Lundbohm" to say.

I guess. I just don't find it very professional for commentators and announcers to not make the effort to learn and say the names of all the players on the ice. I can understand if the announcers forget a name or two as there can be so many, but resorting to nicknames and falsities (like Nigeria for Niagara) is just unprofessional.

At least it is his nickname then and not something derived off the top of his head (ala ESPN's Edwards dubbing Karl Goehring "short stuff" in 2000)

I am not so sure I could say his name either.

At least Woog didn't refer to Niagara as "Nigeria" this time. :0

No, but he did call them the "Purple People" a couple of times! :D

I can understand if the announcers forget a name or two as there can be so many, but resorting to nicknames and falsities (like Nigeria for Niagara) is just unprofessional.

That happened almost 6 years ago - not this weekend - and it was a typical Woogism.