SiouxSports.com Forum

NCAA delays UND decsion

PCM

Sorry PCM, I don't know how I could be so rediculous.

Apparently it comes naturally.

Is there going to be a meeting soon about how this defamation money is going to be spent?
Yes. It's right after the meeting about how Dean Blais will be lured back to UND to replace Dave Hakstol.

My idea is to use it to use it lure Phil Jackson away from the Lakers, then use UND's basketball success to join either the Big 10 or Big 12. We can decide between the two by seeing which one wants to give UND the most money for the honor of joining their conference. I heard from a reliable source that the big 12 has already agreed to give UND all of the basketball tournament revenues for the next 10 years, and half the BCS bid money that comes into the school.

Now you're making sense. :D

And to think that awhile ago people were woried about keeping our mascot.
As far as I can tell, you're the only one who thinks that we're no longer worried.

What a bunch of idiots.

Thanks.

I mean it was so blatantly obvious that we would win a defamation suit against the NCAA over that.
Who said it was blatantly obvious? People speculate here all the time about things that might or might not happen. Or haven't you noticed that?

Just look at all of the newspaper articles discussing how the defamation suits would play out in court.

There was a grand total of one newspaper article published in the Herald. It was picked up by the AP and republished in other newspapers. All those newspaper articles said the same thing because they were essentially written by the same person quoting the same two experts. Perhaps you're one of those people who believes everything they read in the paper, but some of us don't. We have the right to express differing opinions. Some people who've expressed differing opinions actually have law degrees. Do you?

Apparently some people in "the main stream" have never heard of such a law suit and think that we probably are going to lose alumni dollars based on what happens with our naming issues, but here in fighting sioux land we know that we are going to make millions off of this.

Some people have speculated that UND has grounds to sue the NCAA for libel or slander or defamation, but I've seen nothing in any of the university's responses to the NCAA that leads me to believe that it's being considered. Frankly, I find it difficult to believe that if UND intended to go down that path, it would be saying that the NCAA's policy was well intentioned.

However, when it comes to anti-trust violations, stars2city is absolutley correct that damages in such cases are tripled. And UND is alleging that the NCAA is guilty of anti-trust violations. The NCAA recently paid $55 million to make an anti-trust case go away.

But because you're such a great legal expert and have read so many newspaper articles on this subject, perhaps you can tell us why the NCAA suddenly delayed ruling on UND's appeal for four months after the potential of an anti-trust law suit was raised in UND's latest response?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two-ply Toilet paper in every public bathroom at the university and their athletic facilities. ;):D

Oh hell yes! Not to mention the academic buildings and residence halls! :0

Maybe allocate some to the student government to be used to buy out 3 lower bowl sections to be turned back into the Old Ralph atmosphere wise? I'd say four, but we gotta be realistic.

And while we're at it, let's turn the Nickel trophy into a statue in front of the Hyslop right on the corner perhaps? Have the Nickle surrounded in bronze and put permanently into a bronze statue of perhaps Digger hoisting it above his head, or perhaps the trophy being used like a Football, tucked under an arm? ;)

And while we're at it, let's turn the Nickel trophy into a statue in front of the Hyslop right on the corner perhaps? Have the Nickle surrounded in bronze and put permanently into a bronze statue of perhaps Digger hoisting it above his head, ....

That would be so awesome!! :D (Wadda ya think, aaf?)