SiouxSports.com Forum

USA vs. RUSSIA

AZSIOUX

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

vs.

3dflagsdotcom_russi_2fawm.gif

11 pm est.

i think that team USA will need more than 2 goals to win this one. should be another good one and hopefully schneider is in net, he seems to be on his game right now.

TV...

TSN

any word if fox sports net is picking it up?

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's on the schedule, says tape-delayed at 11 EST. Since that's the game start time, guess it's live.

I thought about that, too. My guess is that they decided that's when they were going to play it before they knew what time the USA game was going to be played.

We just got lucky, that's all.

A thought just crossed my mind here. The Miracle On Ice was about 25years ago. Now I'm not saying it will take a Miracle, or even the events surrounding this game are the same as 1980, but we will take all the help we can get. This would be a great way to commemorate the 1980 game, by whooping the Russians tonight. Sorry for being so sentimental. I can hear it now, USA, USA,USA. And Al Michaels, "do you believe in miracles". Let's do it fellas.

Key to stopping the Russians is to shut down Malkin which given his size and skill will be no easy task. If the US can take the play to them their D and goaltending don't match up to their talented forwards.

Have you watched any of the Russian's games, how do they stack up against teams the US may have already played, or are they above all of those.

The US has to score and score often. If they are going to win it will be a 5-4 contest like last year.

I really want to see if the 19,000 drunks flip flop and get behind their older, richer, better looking brother. Or if they swallow the bile and cheer for the Russians.

Have you watched any of the Russian's games, how do they stack up against teams the US may have already played, or are they above all of those.

Their forwards are their strength and they will cycle all of their lines so the US had better be ready to the same. Most of what I saw of them was the exhibition game against Canada. When pressured their D will cough up the puck and I don't believe they have solid goaltending. The reason they breezed through the preliminary round is because their forwards controlled the puck most of the game and there was not much contact from the likes of Sweden, Czechs and Slovaks. The Latvians probably gave them their most physical game and only lost to them 3-1 therefore some good old North American style hockey may be just what is needed to ground them.

The US has to score and score often. If they are going to win it will be a 5-4 contest like last year.

The forecheck on the Russian D in that Christmas Day win last year was very effective, caused numerous turnovers, and led to most of the US goals.

The failure of the US high forward to come back into the US end, however, led to 3 on 2's for the Russians, and if Ovechkin or Malkin (or both) was on the ice, it usually ended up in the US net.

Does anyone have an audio link for the CAnada/Finland game?

I think they will cheer for the Russians, they did last year. Oshie had the biggest smile on his face last night when they were playing the athem. I sure hope we can see it again tonight. They played with alot of heart last night, I hope they can do the same tonight. Go USA!!!

No doubt about it. TJ looked like he was having the time of his life last night when they played our anthem. He's giving 110%, and he's hungry for that gold medal. Not to mention proud to be wearing Team USA's sweater in front of his hometown crowd.

A thought just crossed my mind here. The Miracle On Ice was about 25years ago. Now I'm not saying it will take a Miracle, or even the events surrounding this game are the same as 1980, but we will take all the help we can get. This would be a great way to commemorate the 1980 game, by whooping the Russians tonight. Sorry for being so sentimental. I can hear it now, USA, USA,USA. And Al Michaels, "do you believe in miracles". Let's do it fellas.

Last year was 25 years, and it seemed to be a bigger deal because the two teams played on national TV (ESPN, I think) on Christmas Day.

Last year was 25 years, and it seemed to be a bigger deal because the two teams played on national TV (ESPN, I think) on Christmas Day.

Did the US being defending Gold Medal winners as well as an American venue add up to factors in that coverage?

Edited by redwing77