SiouxSports.com Forum

Toews talk

#1siouxfan22

Didnt realize Mueller was as big as he is.

As for that order, it seems a lot like what Hockeysfuture message board members were saying... although I'd be happy to see Toews go anywhere in the top 5. If it is #2 overall, great. If it is #5 overall, that's good too.

Don't mean to wish ill on anyone, but the closer to the second round he goes, the more likely we'll have him at UND longer. That's the only advantage I could see with Toews' draft stock dropping.

That being said, I hope it doesn't drop and Toews positively lights it up this year.

looks like toews will be staying in the WCHA for a while he will need another year before he can make the next step!!!!! just my view of things, but he also could go nuts the second half of the season who knows it will be fun to watch......Kessel is on fire!!!!!!!!

This talk is on Toews. I could care less about Kessel.

As for how well he is doing so far, I think he's doing more than just fine. I think he's doing great. The problem is that he is getting overshadowed by Oshie, but what do you expect from an older player even if he is a freshman?

Will he stick around the WCHA for another year? He very well may due to his age, but not due to his play. IF Toews does leave UND for "the next level" I'm sure it will be to the Tri-City Americans of the WHL. I hope he doesn't leave for Major Juniors but I think it is a possibility especially if the Tri City coach starts practicing tactics out of the books of the Moncton coach.

I remember that Frolik kid. He played for the Czech Rep in the WJT last year. Following that he played on a line with Jagr back home. Figured he'd be pegged for a first rounder. Great wheels, great skills.

He's projected at #2, #3, or #4 in the draft depending upon which list you look at. I believe ISS has him at #2 overall.

looks like toews will be staying in the WCHA for a while he will need another year before he can make the next step!!!!! just my view of things, but he also could go nuts the second half of the season who knows it will be fun to watch......Kessel is on fire!!!!!!!!

Not much interest in Kettles that have been left on the stove too long on this site but if you want to talk about the subject of this chat a classy two way forward named Toews then join on in.

Edited by Sioux_Hab-it

Well as far as Mr. Media is concerned, we'll see how he does not that the goophs are almost done with all the creampuffs for the year. Sorry there ca whatever the helk the rest of your name is but we'll see what happens when he plays against the "HEAVY HITTERS", and I mean that literally, of the league.

I too love how he personifies Zajac as a "kid" ;)

One thing that, for some reason, really made me impressed was how he answered the question regarding the upcoming draft. Usually, it's something like "Naw, I don't let it bother me. I just go out, play hard, and where I go in the draft I'll be happy" etc. etc. I like that the gravity of that event really does give him pause for thought. Maybe it will elevate his game that much higher. After all, unfortunately, Toews in a Sioux uniform is a "for a limited time only" affair.

And as much as these kinds of reports surface about Jon the better he will fair barring injury, a bad year, or a bad NHL combine. These days you will find character weighing in a lot in GM draft decisions.

Well as far as Mr. Media is concerned, we'll see how he does not that the goophs are almost done with all the creampuffs for the year. Sorry there ca whatever the helk the rest of your name is but we'll see what happens when he plays against the "HEAVY HITTERS", and I mean that literally, of the league.

This doesn't make any sense.

OK,x2thez, since you don't get it here we go. Creampuff = teams like St. Clown. any team from Alaska, Mankato, these are teams that are generally not "as good" as ND, Minny, CC, Denver, Wisc. So, therefore, your superstars should play well and score some points against them. Heavy hitters = ND, Minny, ect. These are teams that year after year attract the best players and seem to excell in the league they play in. More specifically ND has some literal heavy hitters in guys like Smaby, Prpch, Oshie, ect., who will definitely be putting a body on the likes of kessel. I hope this clears things up for you.

And here you are, such a cruel person watching excitedly while the poor kid is engulfed in flames...