SiouxSports.com Forum

UM-Crookston

UND Fan

In one of the recent articles in the Sioux Falls newspaper discussing the DI and DII issues, there was a comment about UM-Crookston struggling athletically and as an institution. Obviously, they do have a lot of progress to be made athletically but I was unaware they were having problems otherwise.

Can anyone enlighten me?

In one of the recent articles in the Sioux Falls newspaper discussing the DI and DII issues, there was a comment about UM-Crookston struggling athletically and as an institution. Obviously, they do have a lot of progress to be made athletically but I was unaware they were having problems otherwise.

Can anyone enlighten me?

They brought in a new provost a couple of years ago who wasn't very popular and who left rather abruptly...guy who replaced him is the guy who was in charge of the UofMn Cooperative Extension re-organization, so I think that may have started some rumors. I have heard folks from GF talking about the school having some problems, but haven't heard anything specific....

There was an article in the Star Tribune this summer I believe where someone hinted that the UMC campus might eventually be closed. If they are seriously considering an eventual closure of the campus, it sure didn't make a lot of sense to build a brand new student center within the last year. :silly:

• 3 months later...

UMC carves a new identity

UMC has since shrugged off the exaggerated claims of its impending death, and, instead, put its energy toward building a stronger campus.

Brandli said the task force, which includes alumni, school faculty and civic leaders, as well as Crookston City Manager Aaron Parrish and former state legislator Roger Moe, will meet one more time to tweak its final recommendations before they're sent to U of M administrators.