SiouxSports.com Forum

Virg Foss

Kermit

Paukovich is all talk. In the article he talks as "if he gets jumped he would fight." Cry about it buddy, he's a 6'4 thug who can't back it up.

The situation changed between when Paukovich said he'd fight if jumped and Saturday night. Denver had lost three forwards by then to injuries and couldn't afford to lose any more. My guess is that Gwozdecky's instructions to Paukovich changed from "fight if attacked" to "don't fight under any circumstances."

The situation changed between when Paukovich said he'd fight if jumped and Saturday night. Denver had lost three forwards by then to injuries and couldn't afford to lose any more. My guess is that Gwozdecky's instructions to Paukovich changed from "fight if attacked" to "don't fight under any circumstances."

Speaking of which, one has to question Gwozdecky's intelligence. Putting Paukovich on the ice in the last two minutes of a 7-2 game was the ultimate in dumb moves. It is like trying to incite something to happen, which it almost did. Even if you were short forwards, put someone else out there the last couple of shifts to avoid trouble.

Speaking of which, one has to question Gwozdecky's intelligence. Putting Paukovich on the ice in the last two minutes of a 7-2 game was the ultimate in dumb moves. It is like trying to incite something to happen, which it almost did. Even if you were short forwards, put someone else out there the last couple of shifts to avoid trouble.

I was wondering the same thing when I saw Paukovich on the ice at the end of the game. With about 30 seconds left, it looked like the one linesman wasn't going to allow Paukovich to stay on the ice as he seemed to be taking him back to the bench.

• 2 months later...

Now it's just getting weird:

St. Cloud completes sweep by Virg Foss, Fargo Forum

Huskies stun Sioux in overtime by Virg Foss, UND press release

It has to be hard to write two different articles about the same game. Despite a decent job of using different quotes and ordering, I still get a sense of deja vu when reviewing all the game coverage and coming across things like:

St. Cloud State junior defenseman Matt Stephenson fired in his first goal in 45 career games through a maze of bodies just 18 seconds into sudden death overtime to give the Huskies their second straight 2-1 victory over the UND men's hockey team in two nights.
vs

St. Cloud State junior defenseman Matt Stephenson fired his first career goal in 45 games through a maze of players and past Sioux goalie Jordan Parise just 18 seconds into overtime, giving the Huskies a 2-1 Western Collegiate Hockey Association victory in front of 11,645 fans.

Virg is a free agent. He can write for whoever he wants.

It is. I've done it for USCHO and the Rocky Mountain News.

Are you a free agent also and does that mean you go with whoever gives you the most money? Or do you go with everyone who gives you money? :huh:

Yup. Professional. ;)

Yes, that's it....Professional.

I'm at our downtown Mpls office this week, and as I was driving back to the office from lunch today I think I saw a couple of "pro's" on the corner. They didn't look like either you or Virg though. ;)

I'm at our downtown Mpls office this week, and as I was driving back to the office from lunch today I think I saw a couple of "pro's" on the corner. They didn't look like either you or Virg though. ;)

That is their misfortune. :huh: