SiouxSports.com Forum

UND Pres. Kupchella on Hot Talk

PCM

UND President Charles Kupchella was interviewed by Scott Hennen Thursday morning during his WDAY Hot Talk radio show which was held on campus in Grand Forks. Because of time constraints, what follows isn't an exact word-for-word transcript, but it's pretty close. Kupchella provided a lot of good information on UND's appeal to the NCAA on the Fighting Sioux nickname. He also corrected some of the misconceptions about what would happen to Engelstad Arena if UND changed the name.

------------------------------------------------------

SH: Can you update us on the NCAA saga?

CK: We're looking forward to additional conversations with the tribes in the state. We

Edited by PCM

I'm glad that Chuck talked about some of the rumors that are going around. It's nice to hear answers to some of them.

Yes. I'm tired of hearing rumors from both sides about how Ralph is supposedly still pulling strings from beyond the grave.

also glad Henno is still...at heart...a Sioux guy! We need all the allies in this fight we can get :)

I'm not sure what the ;) is supposed to represent in your post, but I agree. Hennan is a valuable asset because he has airtime and he has been a strong proponent of the nickname since we were initially put on the list back in August. In fact, across the nation, republicans it seems, have come out of the woodwork to support the 18 schools against the NCAA's dumb sanction.

THere were rumors that "The Scream" Dean was of the mindset the NCAA is now in. There is many questions about whether or not the Dems would support UND or not and it took them a while to step forward. If this is truly a political issue, it seems to me we want the conservatives on our side.

I'm not sure what the ;) is supposed to represent in your post, but I agree. Hennan is a valuable asset because he has airtime and he has been a strong proponent of the nickname since we were initially put on the list back in August. In fact, across the nation, republicans it seems, have come out of the woodwork to support the 18 schools against the NCAA's dumb sanction.

THere were rumors that "The Scream" Dean was of the mindset the NCAA is now in. There is many questions about whether or not the Dems would support UND or not and it took them a while to step forward. If this is truly a political issue, it seems to me we want the conservatives on our side.

Ding, ding, ding... I think your on to something here. I think there has been a few of us that have said that from time to time.