SiouxSports.com Forum

Saturday night's "honorary captain"

choyt3

Did anyone else notice the recognition of Martha M. Hoghaug Glasoe on Saturday night? It was right after line-ups were announced and mentioned how she, and her family, have given greatly to UND, specifically the hockey program.

How is it possible to place her name on the jumbotron spelled (phonetically, I suppose) HOEHOG? :D

When recognizing someone that has given so much to the UND community, is there not a check in place to be sure that the person being honored has their name spelled correctly? :lol:

It's no wonder she was looking up at the screen with a puzzled look on her face.

Did anyone else notice the recognition of Martha M. Hoghaug Glasoe on Saturday night? It was right after line-ups were announced and mentioned how she, and her family, have given greatly to UND, specifically the hockey program.

How is it possible to place her name on the jumbotron spelled (phonetically, I suppose) HOEHOG?  :D

When recognizing someone that has given so much to the UND community, is there not a check in place to be sure that the person being honored has their name spelled correctly? :lol:

It's no wonder she was looking up at the screen with a puzzled look on her face.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree.

One of my pet peeves is misspelled words of all kinds, but especially in a situation where the person who works in this area should have paid more attention to the details of the situation and got the spelling right. How hard is that???

I hope she didn't mind seeing her name misspelled as the crowd generously cheered her.

It bugs me all the little things starting to not work right at the Ralph (Lights in the signs & scoreboard & some of the laser lights not working - ran out of programs Friday night - etc.) It's not Real Bad Yet - But If your going to have a World Class Facility I hope Maintenance & Services are high priority - as well as sound & top notch between period events & good timing on everything--- at $6.50 a beer they should be able to afford doing things 1st class ? ? ?

It is true, they need to pay more attention to details when getting a correct spelling is that important... She didn't spell the name on her checks wrong (as in NDSU), so she deserves to have her name spelled correctly...

Hoghaug as in Ramsey National Bank?

On a related note, Saturday there was some Sioux hockey memorabilia on display in the concourse by the proshop. Anyway, there was a signed stick of Greg Johnson's, with G. Johnson stamped right on the stick. The accompanying placard stated something to the effect that it was the stick used by UND's all-time leading hockey scorer, DAVE Johnson, when he recorded the recording breaking point.

It certainly isn't a big deal, but I find it hard to believe that the organizers of the display didn't know the correct name of UND's all-time leading scorer. :lol:???

It happened with the UofM this year too. They mailed out, I believe football season tickets, with the name of a Gopher football legend misspelled.

There are a lot of things behind the scenes going on at a hockey game, which some people probably don't realize. And the person setting up everything going on behind the scenes is a full time grad student in charge of every UND athletic event, not just hockey, and they have a lot on their hands. It's only been the third home game of the season... Give 'em a break!

When you have two different entities working together (UND & REA) there are some things that are going to go haywire the first few games especially with new employees at UND & REA.