SiouxSports.com Forum

Rutgers BEATS BUFFALO!

SiouxMeNow

Montana state was blown out by Cal Poly last night, Montana barely beat SDSU, and the Bison smoked Weber state. It looks like the Big Sky conference is really down this year. The Bison should really hand it to Montana State. UND had 10,600 people for the game yesterday and the Bison had 14,300. Since they have three times the population in Fargo, West Fargo and Moorhead , we can be proud of our community and how they show up for Sioux games. Since it was the first Big Sky team to play in Fargo in over twenty years, I was expecting there to be more than 14,300 at the game in Fargo.

I must admit I was silently cheering for both the Bison and Jacks yesterday, and I would like to see the Bison take Montana State. NDSU has definately started to make it's mark on DI football. A win over MSU this next weekend would also be very impressive.

10,681 and 14,368 are good attendance numbers for both of the NoDak schools. I expect both school's numbers to continue to rise throughout the season.

Go Dakotas... (except USD :D )

I must admit I was silently cheering for both the Bison and Jacks yesterday, and I would like to see the Bison take Montana State. NDSU has definately started to make it's mark on DI football. A win over MSU this next weekend would also be very impressive.

10,681 and 14,368 are good attendance numbers for both of the NoDak schools. I expect both school's numbers to continue to rise throughout the season.

Go Dakotas... (except USD :D )

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm with you Dan. I grew up in and currently live in Fargo, and while I'm a UND alumnus and huge Sioux fan, I like to see NDSU win whenever they're not playing the Sioux. Especically now that we're in different divisions, it's great to see the North Dakota schools doing as well as they are. I went to the NDSU game Saturday, and like UND, they're looking great this year. Hopefully the day will come when they're playing each other again, but meanwhile go NoDak schools (SDSU too I guess).

I agree that it is good to see NDSU win.  North Dakota needs all the publicity it can get.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What is with the Bison Love fest?

As a Fargo native who's a big supporter of Sioux hockey and grew up being a Bison football fan it is great to see the class of this board. Openly cheering for NDSU?? I'm very impressed.

Not nearly as impressing as the Sioux and Bison destroying their opposition on the gridiron. :D

I also live in Fargo and was able to attend the Weber State game the other night. Though the bison are strong this year; this Weber State team did not give enough of a fight to gauge how good the bison really are. Weber State is VERY weak on both sides of the ball. If this is what all Big Sky teams look like... the NCC would put them to shame regardless the division. No matter how many games I attend in the Fargodome deep down inside I'm still thinking the same thing ... (see member name) :D

they're all instigators I TELLS YA' INSTIGATORS :D

BUT THIS IS JF&R's Topic! The "buffalo" reference had absolutely nothing to do with that other school. I was just congratulating Rutgers on going 2-1. He roots for us in Hockey - the least we can do is be aware of how they're doing in FB AND at least Rutgers is REAL Division ONE football. Rutgers was the first college in the US to have a football team...now THAT'S tradition!

GO SCARLET KNIGHTS!

Hello Sioux Me Now,

For those of you who missed the Rutgers-Buffalo game, I would like to tell you that you missed the greatest college football games in the last 50 years. I would like to tell you that, but it wouldn't be true. A win is a win and we are 2-1! I am just trying to decide if we are going to the Orange,Sugar,Fiesta, or Rose Bowl!

GO NORTH DAKOTA!

GO RUTGERS!

AND remember Sioux Me Now, nothing stronger than ovaltine!

well..."big time" DIVISION ONE (aa) football in Fargo last weekend drew only a bit over 14,000 ;) (and in the "Barn" - you know what that kind of crowd is like in that cavernous hole :) ) If any Sioux fans traveled down there for that "big game" - they should be banished to the wings of the Al and not let anywhere near the Sioux Crew - because they may KILL THEM :D

Hey Sioux Me Now,

Not that I am into betting, but if you are bet your Fighting Sioux hockey tickets,football tickets, all your souvenirs, the ranch,the car, the wife,the kids, and your dog that Rutgers will not lose or tie this week.

Check scarletknights.com if you are wondering why I am so confident about this week. By the way, I don't have anything against North Dakota State but what is with those colors!