SiouxSports.com Forum

What's the best thing about North Dakota

JESUS,family,rutgers

I have an example to show you why it is nice living in North Dakota.  You saw all the looting and crime in New Orleans during Katrina, well during our 500-year flood in 1997 you didn't have any of that garbage going on, just people helping people -- and grumbling I guess.  In fact, I remember one guy calling the radio station and telling everyone his address and that his house was open and if anyone could get to it by boat they could take the stuff in the freezer before it rots.

A little too trusting in my eyes, but at least it is good to know that people still have faith in each other.  It never fails to amaze me how many people in Grand Forks still leave their houses open in today's day and age.  Wish that feeling of safety wasn't tarnished for the rest of us.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Reminds me of the Michael Moore film, Bowling for Columbine. Moore was astonished that Canadians would leave their doors unlocked during the daytime. He went to Toronto and just opened peoples doors...

Meanwhile I was astonished he was astonished.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A friend of mine has been deployed to Biloxi, Ms to cover for staff who have been affected by Katrina. This is part of an e-mail she sent me

OK, I was getting used to the cock roaches in the patient rooms until i found out they can fly.  I was just turning on all the lights and giving them a chance to scurry to a dark spot before entering the patients rooms.  Lol... that way i would see as many.  YUCK!    These things are as big as a North Dakota mouse.    They act like they are in charge sometimes.  Standing on their back legs and just daring you to step on them. 

Another best thing about North Dakota!!

• 3 weeks later...