SiouxSports.com Forum

Tim Skarperud

JESUS,family,rutgers

Great kid from a great family. His Pa was a legendary athlete for the University of North Dakota who was taken much too early in life by cancer several years back.

Hits a golf ball a ton. Had his first born child right around the Frozen Four last year. Played with heart and soul for the Sioux. His stats can be found elsewhere. Was the victim of some NCAA rule that prevented his playing a final year of eligibility because he had maxed out in age.

Chased the dream for a year or so with a pro team in Michigan as I recall. Has since settled down, is working toward an advanced degree at North Dakota, and has been a volunteer coach for the team. Maybe this year too, I am not sure.

His story is really what collegiate sport, and college hockey, is most about. The game is not about the superstars. It is about the lunch pail guys having fun, working hard, chasing a dream, and then having the foresight and the sense to hang 'em up and move on with life. This is Tim Skarperud.

A great kid from a great family.

Hello North Dakota hockey,

Thanks so much for the information. Through a very nice Fighting Sioux fan who is also on siouxsports, I have an indirect connection with him and I was wondering what type of guy and player he was. Sounds like a very nice guy.

Hello North Dakota hockey,

Thanks so much for the information. Through a very nice Fighting Sioux fan who is also on siouxsports, I have an indirect connection with him and I was wondering what type of guy and player he was. Sounds like a very nice guy.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Skarperud arrived late to Columbus because of the birth of his child. I was standing around the hotel when he showed up. The team members who were there lit up immediately. It was clear to me that he was much liked by that team. He lifted their spirits, and they went on to hand the Gophers their heads that evening, or the next day, I do not recall the timing.

He was a pleasure to watch on the ice. He is a pleasure to watch as a coach.

If I remember right he won the Birchmont one year.

I am really going out on a limb but I think his brother may have won the Pine to Palm too. Could be wrong on that one though.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If I remember right Brent Bobyck, didn't you sign at his wedding? I thought I remembered a rendition of Ice Ice Baby coming from you? Who knows maby I was just seeing things.

If I remember right he won the Birchmont one year.

I am really going out on a limb but I think his brother may have won the Pine to Palm too. Could be wrong on that one though.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think he challenged Tiger for the green coat a couple years ago?

Correct. Chad, the oldest of four boys, won the P to P a few years back.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If I am not mistaken I believe Chad Skarperud also golfed on the Dakota tour one season too.

Edited by Goon