SiouxSports.com Forum

Zach Parise article

JESUS,family,rutgers

The link didn't work, but if you do click the link, scroll down and click the term "Devils" in the list under Sports, the page does show up and it is easy to find.

I don't know what Parise will do in his rookie campaign, but I think the hype is overblown. IMO, I think the time for Zach in the NHL has never been better. ALL of the limelight will be on Ovechkin and Crosby and very little if any will be on him. I hope he just does what comes naturally and play the same way he played in Albany, UND, WJC, and Shattuck.

Hello Cratter, I have to tell you that college hockey is not exactly huge here in New Jersey, but last year I bought a white Sioux jersey(I wish I went with the green) and everywhere I have it on people just look at it for a bit and say "cool jersey." And then I say "SEVEN TIME NATIONAL CHAMPIONS!!!"

I wish my Dad could be more into sports these days, but he has Alzheimers and it is very hard for him to watch ballgames. For some reason though, he can seem to pay more attention to sports like rodeo and Nascar. I just thank The LORD for every day he is with us. Twenty years ago he had several strokes and I don't think any of his doctors thought he would still be alive. Even though we were all blessed to grow up with a great Dad, his Alzheimers has brought us closer to him than ever. People go through their lives thinking they have forever to tell others they love them, but you never know if there is going to be a tomorrow.

I'm not sure (meaning I haven't heard) David is still with the team.  I know NJ made a qualifying offer to him, but there has been nothing stating that he has signed it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

He signed.

I haven't found anything yet either, but I know he signed for sure.

Hello #1 hakfan,

As of right now, David Hale is not listed on the Devils roster, but is listed on the Albany River Rats roster(www.albanyriverrats.com). James Massen is listed under prospects if you go to the Devils site(www.newjerseydevils.com). As for going up to The Meadowlands, I live in southern New Jersey now very close to where the Trenton Titans of the East Coast Hockey League play. The Devils play about an hour and a half north of me and charge about $45 to sit near the top of a 20,000 seat arena plus $10 to park. I can go to four minor league games for that. Once in a while someone will give me a ticket, but the NHL has priced me and a lot of other people out. I enjoy the colleges,minors, and high school just as much. I'll try and keep my ears open about Sioux players with the Devils and River Rats.