SiouxSports.com Forum

NCAA gives FSU a pass

PCM

Dana, Johnny, Troll from UND Arts and Science department. (who ever)

What difference does it make if you vote? What now you have to be a poltically active to have an opinion about the UND fighting Sioux name.

Or are you going to give us a civics lession on voting rights and issues. Next you added your veterans status into the equation. Then If I am not mistake saw somewhere you said you weren't even Native American or American Indian. Your all over the place dude. Lets actually debate the issue and stop pontificating all over the place. Start answering the questions or find somewhere else to be on the parade ground.

The krux of the argument is and always will be is a small number of rebel rousers (that being the leftist P.C. hand wringers from the NCAA) are trying to stuff their opinions down the throats of others. Most times these rebel rousers are white liberal college professors. Of course truth and facts don't matter one bit in this issue.

I still think that this stupid ruling by the NCAA was a chicken crap shot over the bow by the NCAA to see how it would be recieved by the affected colleges. They let the news out on a Friday and let it fester all weekend, hoping they would get national support for their ill fated issue... By putting this out on a Fridayt they didn't have to answer any questions all weekend and can regroup on Monday based on the reception this act recieved.

Mac on Mac talk adressed this subject the other day with Phil Harmeson. He basically said that the NCAA produced this rediculous memo on the ruling against Native logos on a Friday, then when the affected schools call the NCAA they have no one available to answer the question the affected schools have. I am sorry but if you do something like this you better have the guts to stand by your ruling.

Now that the shot across the bow has fizzled and not been recieved very well. Basically the heat is now on the NCAA and these hand wringing do gooders are starting to retreat from this red herring. The NCAA is on the run so I say as alumni let them in full retreat, this is worth the fight. I say UND should go aggressively and not pussy foot around. UND should sue the pants off of the NCAA.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It is hard to give you any credibility when you obviously didnt read my previous posts and interpreted the quote outside of the context of the conversation. Why dont you take time to read instead of just reacting???

(Sicatoka- did you note the reference to Political Correctness meant to summarily dismiss the conversation? interesting....)

You are confusing me with GK, hes the one who is a veteran.

Sorry, Im not part of the Arts and sciences dept, not those other people you referred to. SURPRISE!!!! they arent the only people who feel the name should go.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I don't know if there is anyone left who still thinks of the NCAA as a grand institution. I think that, after this decision was made, the NCAA should have refused to take any money from the sales of merchandise of any of the 18 schools listed. But noooooooo, you can still buy your "offensive" tshirts and stuff.

Come on, come on, listen to the money talk...

But since the Illini are dead, then there's no one to offend. There's their exemption!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I posted this in another thread a while ago (no internet), but if no Illini left the NCAA has no choice but to reinstate, because they let the Aztecs keep their name for that reason.

They tried to kill off all of the Sioux in this country, too, but there's a reason they call us the FIGHTING SIOUX and emmulate us.....lol.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I guess I don't understand why you wouldn't be proud of someone emmulating you.

And might I point out that you said "emmulate" rather than "trying to emmulate".