SiouxSports.com Forum

Wcha top 50 players

jimdahl

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Who'd they let vote on the list--Don Lucia?   Where is Jeff Panzer?  He had the numbers, the flash and the class.  

Along with Jason Ulmer, who I thought was always the hardest working player on the ice night in and night out, Jeffy

carried the team on his back in his last years of play.

I think I'm hypersensitive to any slight of the storied Fighting Sioux hockey dynasty.  Virg Foss, I blame you for writing such a great book on the subject!  A little knowledge on my part of the Fighting Sioux hockey tradition has become a dangerous thing. Can't believe Jeffy wasn't even nominated by his own school.  

I'm sure, in their time, all the guys who made the 50 Greatest were indeed worthy of that appellation.  But, how come guys who played in the WCHA for only one season (Cujo, for example) made the list?  Doesn't seem right to me.

I understand putting in single-season players.  The goal, after all, is simply to name the best players who ever played in the WCHA.  One would expect some of them to have left early.  If you start to draw a line, do you disqualify someone who left after 3?

On a related point -- if there's no bias against single season players, how did CuJo make the list but not Belfour?